New Zealand In Australia - 2015

NZ 1 for 53.

futureblackcap futureblackcap one would think that the Kiwis will likely just play 4 quicks in Perth plus Williamsons part-timers?

I hadn't considered that but definitely a better decision than playing Craig and the Waca isn't known to offer any spin is it?

In Adelaide I would like them to give Santner a go but they will probably play both of them... Especially if Neesham doesn't start performing..

I hadn't considered that but definitely a better decision than playing Craig and the Waca isn't known to offer any spin is it?

In Adelaide I would like them to give Santner a go but they will probably play both of them... Especially if Neesham doesn't start performing..
Extra bounce can be helpful for them but yeah it is the least spin friendly Test venue, if you are ever going to go in with 4 quicks it's at Perth.

A lot of Kiwi fans are already behaving like the series is over! They have obviously forgotten how we have often started Test series poorly over the last 24 months and come back to win or level the series..

The main concerns for me is that we need either Southee or Boult to have a really good series, as in take lots of wickets and obviously we need wickets from our third seamer as well and a few from Neesham who needs to improve his accuracy. Henry will probably come in for Bracewell in the next Test which might be a good thing even thought Dougy has done a decent job.. He adds a bit more pace. These guys need to get the wickets because the likelihood of Craig getting wickets is mishits to cow-corner... The problem for Craig now, is not so much that he can't improve but that the Aussie batsmen don't respect him as a bowler now. The Aussies will be laughing and smiling if he gets picked in the next Test match!

The other big concern for me is Taylor. He has been out of form for a while and he's not young.. He's 31 and I hope he's not on the outer as yet!

Yeah, I think New Zealand's main weakness is their reliance on Boult and Southee to do the bulk of the work with the ball. Both are very good but if someone gets it wrong there doesn't seem to be much behind them to pick up the slack if things don't go to plan. We've seen that first hand in this game where Southee went down injured. A third seamer is a must for New Zealand, someone who can either bowl with good pace or be capable of bowling in good line and length on a regular basis. That's why I think someone like Henry or perhaps Milne if he can stay fit would be ideal options. A good spinner wouldn't go astray either, Craig is capable but has had a shocker in this game and hasn't been too great in general of late either.

Last edited:
What do you guys thing about Hazlewood? I think he's a great find for Australia. Every team needs a bowler who can put it on the spot all day long. A great foil for the pace of Starc and Johnson. Reminds me of Southee a bit. You don't need to bowl quickly if you consistently put it in the right areas and get a little bit of swing..

Serious gun. Similar to McGrath in that he doesn't bowl express pace but can bowl quick enough and has good control to keep the ball in a good spot basically all day to trouble batsmen consistently. Once Johnson retires I think you'll see he and Starc sharing the new ball.

So NZ are 3/142 at stumps on day four. 362 runs required to win with 98 overs tomorrow thanks to a 30 minute earlier start due to the rain we had today. A win is a slight chance for NZ but a draw seems more likely with an even chance of showers tomorrow (50%) although only 0-1 mm expected should it rain. I doubt we'll miss much play tomorrow so we should get pretty close to a full day's play should we go the distance.

With booking fee $65 for a seat at the next Test at the WACA, in the sun.. And they wonder why crowds are ordinary.

Well I hope everyone brings a hat and sunscreen to the game. Mid to high 30's predicted for the first three days of the WACA test.

So NZ are 3/142 at stumps on day four. 362 runs required to win with 98 overs tomorrow thanks to a 30 minute earlier start due to the rain we had today. A win is a slight chance for NZ but a draw seems more likely with an even chance of showers tomorrow (50%) although only 0-1 mm expected should it rain. I doubt we'll miss much play tomorrow so we should get pretty close to a full day's play should we go the distance.

I'd be using words like "hypothetical" or "mathematical" to describe NZ's chances of victory today!

Really bad news is that Neesham is injured and out of the tour! Both our all rounders are out! :eek: McClenaghan has come into the squad.

It does mean that Santner will almost definitly get his debut in Australia now. He is a star of the future (in many people's eyes) but it might be a bit early for him...

lol Neesham had no idea about that short ball from Johnson.

Kiwis should really give Ronchi a game next over in Perth to bolster their batting ;)

strong win but somehow i just don't feel convinced. NZ were a bowler down and were not on their game. Perth could be a surprise for the Aussies. And since when was the bounce in perth not good for spinners?

Back