New Zealand In Australia - 2015

I'd be using words like "hypothetical" or "mathematical" to describe NZ's chances of victory today!

Haha, well I do need to stay a little bit neutral here.

Are you going to any of the days?

No, probably not. I know some of my friends are going on the Friday but that's not an ideal time for me to get off work that day. The weekend is better but with the weather forecast and other things on it's not really the best time. They've moved the game forward to a month earlier than what it is which is a bit irritating. I guess they were trying to avoid the heat but that's not going to happen considering the forecast for the first three days. I hope the Kiwis like the heat! :p

I have to say it's been refreshing having Ian Smith out here commentating. I've always enjoyed having one of the commentators from the visiting country come out here and Smith has been a treat. His retort about the rugby yesterday was good too.

Michael Slater: "What about you Smithy? Favourite ground, memories?"
Ian Smith: "That's easy, Slats! Twickenham!"
Michael Slater: "You can't help yourself can you?"

:D

This is probably my favourite piece of commentary from Smith.

Can we please get him out here every summer?

No, probably not. I know some of my friends are going on the Friday but that's not an ideal time for me to get off work that day. The weekend is better but with the weather forecast and other things on it's not really the best time. They've moved the game forward to a month earlier than what it is which is a bit irritating. I guess they were trying to avoid the heat but that's not going to happen considering the forecast for the first three days. I hope the Kiwis like the heat! :p
I thought about it but have young chickens that sort of need looking after so it's hard to get away atm. Also the mate I usually go with moved to Melbourne (whipped into leaving WA by a Vic missus :rolleyes:) and the only other bloke that's in to cricket works away on site a lot, wasn't that keen on going by myself, unlike AFL cricket is pretty crap solo..

Kiwis need to win the toss and bat, then hang tough for the first couple of hours (good luck with Guptill up there though..) then cash in when it gets easier to bat and batsmen have there eye in.

Kiwis need to win the toss and bat, then hang tough for the first couple of hours (good luck with Guptill up there though..) then cash in when it gets easier to bat and batsmen have there eye in.
I would just like Guptill to have a go, he does not have a great defensive technique so why not do a Warner and take the crap defensive shots out of the equation. Leave the tough stuff to the likes of Latham and Williamson.

Well things could be going better for the Blackcaps...

Aus 1 for 243, the Kiws staring down the barrel of another smashing.

This is my eleven for the 2nd Test:

Latham
Guptill
Williamson
Taylor
McCullum
Watling
Santner
Bracewell
Henry
Southee
Boult

I'm surprised Southee played today. Certainly wasn't the worst out there but I was surprised he got up for the game.

I thought about it but have young chickens that sort of need looking after so it's hard to get away atm. Also the mate I usually go with moved to Melbourne (whipped into leaving WA by a Vic missus :rolleyes:) and the only other bloke that's in to cricket works away on site a lot, wasn't that keen on going by myself, unlike AFL cricket is pretty crap solo..

Haha, bloody Vics.

My friends didn't end up going. They saw the weather forecast and decided that spending $80 per ticket to sit in the sun probably wasn't worth it. They ended up going to one guy's house and watched the game there with food, drinks and a swimming pool.

Having said that the way Warner batted today it probably would have been worth going.

Well NZ needed to win the toss today but they didn't and that pretty much set the tone for the morning and afternoon. Warner was simply brilliant, a virtually chanceless innings in which he only made four errant strokes for the day or something. Khawaja was reasonable also but rode his luck a little and could have been out a couple of times before scoring a hundred of his own.

It was a long day for New Zealand, the bowlers struggled again although the pitch didn't have a lot in it. The heat wouldn't have happened and I imagine they'll be spending a fair bit of time in the field tomorrow with the forecast set for 38 degrees after 36 today. Bracewell was NZ's best today I thought with Southee giving 100% as usual.

Back