New Zealand In Australia - 2015

Well, with Aus 2/171 you would say it is dying. Never know a quick collapse and we are good for it. This has been the most disappointing test in Perth since that painful track that SA chased a huge last innings on. What has happened to the WACA?

And doesn't that spell the end for NZ. I find it strange now that we were even talking about the KIWI's giving it a run. I really thought they would show up in Perth but it seems what little was there in Brisbane went to the gold coast for holidays.

Warners 200 was very good for him but i think the century from Usman was probably more important for the team stability. Suddenly the batting is starting to look settled and the decisions of the selectors well balanced.

I don't think we've discovered too much about the batting order just yet. The pitches we've played on have been flat with Perth being the flattest of the two. Obviously we've batted pretty well but you'd expect our order to go well considering the pitches we've played on and NZ's attack has been lacking at times.

We'll find out a lot more when we're playing a side like South Africa on their home deck or back in England in three and a bit years time.

Well, with Aus 2/171 you would say it is dying. Never know a quick collapse and we are good for it. This has been the most disappointing test in Perth since that painful track that SA chased a huge last innings on. What has happened to the WACA?

It's been really disappointing. As a staunch and proud West Australian the test we've served up has been disappointing to say the least. After not having a test last season this year was our chance to show the rest of Australia and the rest of the cricketing globe that CA made a big mistake by not playing a test at the WACA last year. Unfortunately what has happened so far has been well short of what we're capable of putting on. The pitch has been an absolute road and is certainly nowhere near what the WACA is usually like, there's been issues with the sightscreens, the balls have been replaced several times due to issues with the manufacturing and the crowds have been okay but could be better. The hot weather on the first two days no doubt turned a few people away from attending.

All in all it hasn't been great and it's easy to see why the major games won't be played at the WACA when the new stadium is opened in just over two years' time. I hope they are able to sort things for the remainder of the summer and get the pitch back to what it usually resembles.

We bowled a lot better yesterday other than Craig...but still could only manage 2 wickets. Boult is still nowhere near his best although he had a good late spell. Needs to do that with the new ball..

Still not a big lead, if we can somehow get a few early wickets today, it could still make it interesting..

Back