Bell End

someblokecalleddave

Is this the end of Ian Bells England career I wonder?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cr...land-Test-squad-for-tour-of-South-Africa.html
Ian_Bell_3492114b.jpg

Always been a strange player. Looks like he has a good technique but always found ways to get himself out...

Often looked like he didn't know what his natural game was.

well time does pass and i can't bowl off the long run, hell my knees won't let me bowl at all anymore, so i suppose it was going to happen eventually. I enjoyed bell as a batsman, when on song he was so great to watch.

well time does pass and i can't bowl off the long run, hell my knees won't let me bowl at all anymore, so i suppose it was going to happen eventually. I enjoyed bell as a batsman, when on song he was so great to watch.
For me he always had that sense that he promised so much, but so often he let us down, possibly because the commentators always talked him up, but I'm guessing his batting figures tell us he was pretty good. I reckon that's it for him, I'll be very surprised if we see much more of him. Do you reckon they'll give him a go in SA?

Always been a strange player. Looks like he has a good technique but always found ways to get himself out...

Often looked like he didn't know what his natural game was.
Carl Hooper was king of this. Mark Taylor said he would often look a million bucks batting and you just couldn't think of a plan to get him out. He would then just something random and he would just get himself out.

Carl Hooper was king of this. Mark Taylor said he would often look a million bucks batting and you just couldn't think of a plan to get him out. He would then just something random and he would just get himself out.
I'd like to say this was me but alas, it is not.

Doubt we'll see more of Bell, he's over the hill IMO. Been a good player for England.

Back