2015/2016 Barclay Shield Thread

Bit quick to blame the umpires aren't we? Of all those you mentioned, there has been one LBW decision. The rest were bowled or caught. Maybe its the batsmen's fault for not being in form?

Ill back Malone and Curtin to get to three figures soon.
A ton this week would be handy for Shagga;). Didn't have a good look at the Diamo pitch, but seemed to be playing pretty low and dead.

Looks as though riverside would been better off dropping their $40k in player payments into the collection plate at church on sunday. #moneydontbuysuccess

You can't blame riverside for recruiting Salm and Austin as every club in the comp would take them but there deficiencie were and still are with the bat. I'm guessing they'd still be in the same position ladder wise if Baker was playing instead of the recruits and the treasure would be sleeping easier too.

I'll still back Riverside in, long way to go and they've only got to finish in the 4. From there, anyone can win it. There's too much class in that side to miss the 4.

It looks like they are managing their fast bowlers for the whole season dont want them to break down before finals come.

If there is no play on Saturday, but you won on the 1st day of play, do you keep your 6 points.

Yep. Percentage counts as well for the games that "may not" get a result......

I would assume most games would get a few hours in at least anyway, the warm days we have had so far this year tend to reach its peak late arvo.

Announced on Wednesday night that the third shield will go ahead next year as planned, and it will be named:

"The Mash Shield"

Back