Australia In New Zealand 16

futureblackcap

This is going to be a cracker! Hope Baz has a good last series...

New Zealand ODI squad: Brendon McCullum (capt), Martin Guptill, Kane Williamson, Henry Nicholls, Grant Elliott, Corey Anderson, Colin Munro, Luke Ronchi (wk), Mitchell Santner, Trent Boult, Doug Bracewell, Adam Milne, Matt Henry

Australia ODI squad for NZ tour: Steve Smith (capt), David Warner, George Bailey, Scott Boland, James Faulkner, Aaron Finch, John Hastings, Josh Hazlewood, Mitchell Marsh, Shaun Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Kane Richardson, Matthew Wade (wk), Adam Zampa

Australia Test squad: Steven Smith (capt), David Warner, Joe Burns, Usman Khawaja, Adam Voges, Shaun Marsh, Mitchell Marsh, Peter Nevill, James Pattinson, Peter Siddle, Josh Hazlewood, Nathan Lyon, Chadd Sayers, Jackson Bird.

I couldn't find the NZ Test squad... Maybe they haven't released it yet?

This should be a good series but have to question the timing of it. The T20 World Cup is five weeks away and we're playing three ODI's and two tests yet no T20I's? Doesn't seem right to me.

I'm hoping Sayers gets a go in one of the tests. Genuine swing bowler who will enjoy the New Zealand conditions provided there's something in the decks for the bowlers.

I couldn't find the NZ Test squad... Maybe they haven't released it yet?

Not announced yet.

This is the one I have been looking fwd to since the same 2 teams played against each other in Aus.

The tests vs West Indies and ODI's & T20's vs India (despite the high scores) didn't capture my attention.

Can't recall if there has been a reason given already, but it's disappointing playing so many crap games (IMO) and then only getting 2 test matches in NZ.

Hats off to the kiwi's - Aus were well and truly outplayed.

Must say, that so far out from the next world cup, I find it difficult to excited about ODI's, whether we are chasing down big totals vs India, or having the kiwis pull our pants down.

That said - Aus will not want a repeat performance in the next match!

New Zealand have announced their test squad for the two test series against Australia. Corey Anderson and Matt Henry have been added to the squad that took on Sri Lanka earlier in the summer while Henry Nicholls gets a maiden call up to the squad. Luke Ronchi also is on standby with BJ Watling under an injury cloud.

Ross Taylor is out with side strain issues while Mark Craig has been dropped.

New Zealand Test Squad: Brendon McCullum*, Corey Anderon, Doug Bracewell, Trent Boult, Martin Guptill, Matt Henry, Tom Latham, Henry Nicholls, Mitchell Santner, Tim Southee, Neil Wagner, BJ Watling+, Kane Williamson

Khawaja in for S.Marsh.

Zampa is also in and will make his ODI debut. Disappointing to see Marsh was made the scapegoat again for the loss although there's probably no other spot for Khawaja other than the top of the order.

Should be an interesting game tomorrow. Hope we are just that little more competitive than what we were in game one.
Nz are awesome on their home turf.

Back