The Lounge

Funnily enough the summer so far has still been above average.

Yes, we can have an AFL thread on this board and have AFL chat and tipping in there if you wish.

Pretty much all of the one-day finals in our association were cancelled today. Absolutely ludicrous to be honest.

Not sure about this heat making it to the eastern states, can't see any high temperatures forecast for Melbourne in the next seven days.
Sounds great.

Funnily enough the summer so far has still been above average.

Usually by this time of the summer we've had at least a few nights where it is very difficult to sleep because of the heat (with the aircon off) but this time there's hardly been any even close to it.

Usually by this time of the summer we've had at least a few nights where it is very difficult to sleep because of the heat (with the aircon off) but this time there's hardly been any even close to it.
That's still a lot of times where it's been sticky and humid at night.
Over here in victoria it's been 15 mainly at night. You could sleep with a sheet on but that's about it.

Gee 15 would be great right about now.

I was surprised how cold Ballarat can get. I knew it gets quite cold there in winter but didn't realise it gets that low during the day there in winter.
Ballarat has had some below zero temperatures at night and sometimes during the day in winter we can get some single digits.
Last year we had a couple of 5 degree days in winter.
Didn't snow.

We haven't gotten anything below 25 degrees since before Christmas here in Auckland...which is great except the humidity is always high up this part of the country in summer. Not complaining though. Rather this than what Western Australia gets. :p

We haven't gotten anything below 25 degrees since before Christmas here in Auckland...which is great except the humidity is always high up this part of the country in summer. Not complaining though. Rather this than what Western Australia gets. :p

Just looking at the past 30 days for Auckland's weather, summer there looks fairly consistent. Maxima from 24-28 and minima from 15-20. I know New Zealand is fairly cold and that Auckland is the warmest of the NZ cities but didn't realise it was consistently over 25 most days during summer there.

43 degrees today, but 45 forecast for tomorrow :eek:

Well you'll be pleased to know the bureau has downgraded Merredin to 44. :p

"Only" 36 here tomorrow, last four days have been 40+.

Just looking at the past 30 days for Auckland's weather, summer there looks fairly consistent. Maxima from 24-28 and minima from 15-20. I know New Zealand is fairly cold and that Auckland is the warmest of the NZ cities but didn't realise it was consistently over 25 most days during summer there.

It hasn't always been but this summer has been excellent.

That's still humid!
It's going to be a lovely 28 degrees here today. Tomorrow and saturday it's going to be in the 30's. Sunday is going to be 22

Back