2015/2016 Barclay Shield Thread

The problem is, Plenty Valley are poaching our kids with promises that they know full well they won't keep. They blow smoke up them, telling them how good they are, that they can go on trips overseas and play cricket, that they'll become a superstar cricketer. Reality is, most of the kids are only ok cricketers who have achieved very little in the DVCA and are only even going to be Plenty Valley 4ths, 5ths players and they're simply boosting their numbers (fees) to help pay for their 1st XI.

How many of their first 11 came up through their grades from the DVCA? I'd have a guess at ZERO.

If they are 5hit kicking it around the 4ths and 5ths shouldn't it be easier to get them back?
How many times do you see young players in the DVCA play in lower grades that don't get a bat or bowl because the older players in the team want to do it all? It's no wonder some of these kids move on or stop playing all together. It can be harder to captain lower grades and get everyone a go than captaining the top grades.
I'd guess a couple of first 11 players came up through DVCA juniors.

Playing devils advocate here isn't good for our players to try their luck on turf? The more important thing is to get them back once they've had their crack. Maybe is says something about the structure of some clubs with regards to juniors progressing into seniors. Doesn't lovey and his son play at PV rather than plenty?
Edit to add: I don't think PV are adding anything to the DVCA senior competition and could easily be discarded. Their place as progression for players in another comp is warranted though.
Playing cricket on a turf pitch does not make you a superior cricketer then a bloke who plays on synthetic pitches.

Lovey does play at PV and it is because of 1 thing and 1 thing only. He doesn't think the pitches we are currently playing on are any good for his son's development as a batsmen. Has nothing to do with the structure of our club or theirs. Probably the biggest indication the quicker we change back to the older decks the better for our competition.

Oh well, at least this restructure will give us something to post about other than the movements of Minney in the off season.
Talking about Minney I hear he will def play his last game for eltham this year with Riverside offering a deal he will not say no too. Am also hearing a dvca official knows of at least 2 other players that have played games in other comps this season,one in money and one in c grade yet nothing still has been done about it,fair to say BU are not happy.

Oh well, at least this restructure will give us something to post about other than the movements of Minney in the off season.

For someone that has always had their finger on the pulse, and more than happy to throw his two cents in the ring on hot topics, gee you're very quiet this week on Bundoora United.

Talking about Minney I hear he will def play his last game for eltham this year with Riverside offering a deal he will not say no too. Am also hearing a dvca official knows of at least 2 other players that have played games in other comps this season,one in money and one in c grade yet nothing still has been done about it,fair to say BU are not happy.

Actually - If you look closely at the ladders, Lower Eltham C & E Grade (Player played in both grades) have also received the same punishment as BU for playing an ineligible player.

Edit: Also note that Riverside E Grade have been docked points for playing an ineligible player...

Last edited:
Actually - If you look closely at the ladders, Lower Eltham C & E Grade (Player played in both grades) have also received the same punishment as BU for playing an ineligible player.

Edit: Also not that Riverside E Grade have been docked points for playing an ineligible player...
Also Riverside in E grade

For someone that has always had their finger on the pulse, and more than happy to throw his two cents in the ring on hot topics, gee you're very quiet this week on Bundoora United.

Actually, you guys know more about it than me. The only indication I had that something was wrong was last Thursday weeks training, but I didn't find out until I rocked up at my game Saturday afternoon and I've been absent from training this week due to being crook.

I wasn't at our game today as I was doing a bit of recconaisance work. Must say when I score for our ones I try to refrain from barracking and put up with the shit talk and misinformed opinions of opposition players etc. one thing that has certainly got my back up however was the spruiking self congratulations a certain individual was happy to give himself over the hot topic of the past 8-9 days and also his follow up effort today of yelling out after his side had passed us 7 down of "keep them out there and make them feel the pain". From what I saw last week and I'm tipping he was doing the same today, he was probably scoffing down handles and living up to his nick name. Not sour grapes, just think this individual should pull his head in. Plenty of good people at Bundoora and they well and truly deserved their win this game. A big pat on the back to GT also who has been crook all week and was diagnosed with Salmonella poisoning yesterday, to front up and bowl 14 overs and claim a couple of scalps. Apologies if I've offended any good folk from the Bulls, but enough was enough.

So how about we talk about the actual cricket that's being played! Like how good the wins to Bundoora, riverside, lower and my boys were. And the ton to whitcher at the right time of the year, sets up a big game against riverside. What about Macleod getting rolled for 80. Diamonds look to have one hand on the shield.

So how about we talk about the actual cricket that's being played! Like how good the wins to Bundoora, riverside, lower and my boys were. And the ton to whitcher at the right time of the year, sets up a big game against riverside. What about Macleod getting rolled for 80. Diamonds look to have one hand on the shield.

Watch this space - Epping to play finals.

top side never wins final

Back