Wrist Spin Bowling (part Five)

Maybe next time Terry is in the UK doing a workshop, I'll show him your posts. I'm sure he'd have a good laugh.

Actually I don't think I'll bother. He would just think you were delusional and get annoyed at the stupidity and arrogance of your misleading advice.

I am glad you have finally publically admit you're a know-nothing. I'll sure we will all be sure to remember that any time you talk bull in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe next time Terry is in the UK doing a workshop, I'll show him your posts. I'm sure he'd have a good laugh.

Actually I don't think I'll bother. He would just think you were delusional and get annoyed at the stupidity and arrogance of your misleading advice.

I am glad you have finally publically admit you're a know-nothing. I'll sure we will all be sure to remember that any time you talk bull in the future.

FYI Terry passed away in 2011.

Last edited by a moderator:
SLA said:
Until then, shut the ******** up because you're a ************** embarrassment to the spin bowling community. You're giving terrible, wrong, misleading advice when you need to be shutting up and listening to those here who actually know what they're talking about. Until you learn to listen to a professional spin bowling coach, you will continue to bowl your slow, loopy shit and get smashed around for 5 overs, 1-60 every week and then wonder why your skipper has taken you off.

Come back when you have a coaching qualification and you actually know what you're talking about. Actually, I wouldn't bother, because arrogant know-nothing pricks get kicked off the course, so don't waste your money. Just carry on chucking pies and talking ****************. Remember to come on here and tell us all how many runs you got smashed for this time, it gives us all a good laugh.

Actually I don't think I'll bother. He would just think you were a fat delusional prick and get annoyed at the stupidity and arrogance of your misleading advice.

This is totally out of order SLA, and for what it's worth I think this has nothing to do with you wanting understanding and everything to do with you wanting to be seen as the authority. This is something of a theme with you. I am reporting to the website and suggest that you quit posting until you can behave reasonably.

This is totally out of order SLA, and for what it's worth I think this has nothing to do with you wanting understanding and everything to do with you wanting to be seen as the authority. This is something of a theme with you. I am reporting to the website and suggest that you quit posting until you can behave reasonably.

Rubbish. Misleading advice is out of order and cleanprophet has a track record for talking abject bullshit. He needs to stop handing out advice until he knows what he is talking about, which will almost certainly be never.

Report away, there is nothing I could say that is anywhere near the level of personal and libellous abuse he has handed out to me on this website, and nothing was done about that then. The guy is nothing but a very, very nasty troll.

The guy is nothing but a very, very nasty troll.

Has to be the funniest peice of lack of self-awareness ever posted on the internet. The troll here is you. You haven't posted in this thread for ages and your return post is a condescending, negative and incorrect remark. There is no better example of troll-like behaviour.

Some time ago I said that cricket is full of bigots. I stand by that 100%. This is the "personal and libellous abuse" you speak of. Take me to court and see how libellous it actually is.

The only advice I have given on here is advice I've been asked for. It is entirely up to people what advice they take and don't take. Your claim that I use the word "cocked" incorrectly is a linguistic critique and yet you talk about how a coaching course in cricket would correct that. You're ignorant and deluded.

I know fully well that your criticism of the use of the word cocked is totally and utterly flawed and I showed grammatical proof of that. You, at no point, showed any evidence to show I am wrong (and thousands upon thousands of other people, including Dave, are wrong). Instead, you resorted to cheap, nasty and childish insults. Come to my club and try to insult me. Any spineless little coward can do it on the internet. Come and do it to my face and I'll show you what a cocked wrist is.

It is winter time in Canada. Can't record my self outside in the nets. Haven't been to indoor nets in a while. Here is me bowling inside my living room on tiles. Just Leggies, Top spin and straighter ones(not slider or flipper). What do you think ?

Has to be the funniest peice of lack of self-awareness ever posted on the internet. The troll here is you. You haven't posted in this thread for ages and your return post is a condescending, negative and incorrect remark. There is no better example of troll-like behaviour.

Some time ago I said that cricket is full of bigots. I stand by that 100%. This is the "personal and libellous abuse" you speak of. Take me to court and see how libellous it actually is.

The only advice I have given on here is advice I've been asked for. It is entirely up to people what advice they take and don't take. Your claim that I use the word "cocked" incorrectly is a linguistic critique and yet you talk about how a coaching course in cricket would correct that. You're ignorant and deluded.

I know fully well that your criticism of the use of the word cocked is totally and utterly flawed and I showed grammatical proof of that. You, at no point, showed any evidence to show I am wrong (and thousands upon thousands of other people, including Dave, are wrong). Instead, you resorted to cheap, nasty and childish insults. Come to my club and try to insult me. Any spineless little coward can do it on the internet. Come and do it to my face and I'll show you what a cocked wrist is.

Is that a direct threat of physical violence? Because that's probably how the police might read it, just so you're aware.

What club is it, I'd like to accept your offer.

Is that a direct threat of physical violence? Because that's probably how the police might read it, just so you're aware.

What club is it, I'd like to accept your offer.

I can do better than that, tell me your club and I'll come down and see you (of course, you won't because you never do talk about your club, you never show videos of your bowling and, like a typical troll, you dish out insults and then hide). It's time to own your words like an adult.

Last edited:
I can do better than that, tell me your club and I'll come down and see you (of course, you won't because you never do talk about your club, you never show videos of your bowling and, like a typical troll, you dish out insults and then hide). It's time to own your words like an adult.

lol, thought so. Threats of physical violence (a first for bigcricket, so congratulations on that) then a swift and humiliating retreat. Typical keyboard warrior.

I don't tend to video my own bowling, I'm not such a narcissist. I'm more interested in trying to help other bowlers -which I have done with much success over the years.

lol, thought so. Threats of physical violence (a first for bigcricket, so congratulations on that) then a swift and humiliating retreat. Typical keyboard warrior.

I don't tend to video my own bowling, I'm not such a narcissist. I'm more interested in trying to help other bowlers -which I have done with much success over the years.

What threat of physical violence? I said I'd show you what a cocked wrist is. And if you dared come to my club (I have expressly spoken about my club in this very thread and you are more than welcome to look back a few pages and then come and visit) I assure you that you would regret coming to the club. Of course, you won't come because you are full of shit.

You have just described half of the people on this thread as a narcissist because they have the audacity to video their bowling, watch it back and try to improve technique. You don't video you own bowling because you are full of shit. Every week you produce match winning figures and contribute considerably with the bat. No need to tell me which club you play for, I know, Walter Mitty CC.

It's funny how you speak of "know-alls", "narcissists" and "trolls". It's some sort of weird introverted psychological assessment.

Let's get this clear once and for all and then I will begin ignoring your future messages (in the hope that you grow a pair of balls and come to see me): Some time ago I said cricket was full of bigots. I never said you were a bigot or that your cricketing friends were bigots, but you decided to take personal offence anyway. I don't care about that. You are free to feel offended. On the back of that, you clearly held a grudge against me. You thought you saw an opportunity to put me in my place and attempted to do just that. Unfortunately for you, you blundered and I put you in your place. What we have witnessed since then is the fallout of an arrogant prick who can't accept when he is wrong, resorting to pathetic childish behaviour. I gave you some rope and sat back whilst you noosed it around your neck and jumped. But I can no longer speak ill of you because it is not fair to speak ill of the dead and you are intellectually deceased. Stop trying to help others. It is you who needs the help.

Guys, let's leave the insults and threats out of this. I don't want to start handing out cards and bans for this part of the forum (and nor do I want to close this thread) which is generally very well behaved.

Guys, let's leave the insults and threats out of this. I don't want to start handing out cards and bans for this part of the forum (and nor do I want to close this thread) which is generally very well behaved.

If you look back over this thread you will find that the only unpleasantness revolves around one member. I refrained from insults but after a day or two of insults directed towards me remaining posted on the forum I decided to fire a few back.

I've clicked on ignore for that particular member so I no longer see any of his posts. I've said all I need to say and I lowered myself to his level to give him a bloody nose. I'll never see anything he has to say until I see him in person - in other words, I'll never see or hear anything he has to say again and I'd thoroughly recommend that other members on this forum follow suit and click on 'ignore'. The best way to deal with trolls like that is to ignore them.

If you look back over this thread you will find that the only unpleasantness revolves around one member. I refrained from insults but after a day or two of insults directed towards me remaining posted on the forum I decided to fire a few back.

I've clicked on ignore for that particular member so I no longer see any of his posts. I've said all I need to say and I lowered myself to his level to give him a bloody nose. I'll never see anything he has to say until I see him in person - in other words, I'll never see or hear anything he has to say again and I'd thoroughly recommend that other members on this forum follow suit and click on 'ignore'. The best way to deal with trolls like that is to ignore them.

Lets be clear here cleanprophet: you're the one going around calling the English cricket coaching set-up, which includes myself, Tony, Liz and several other people on this forum who have taken the time to give you advice, "a bunch of bigots" - which you refused to justify or retract even after being told by numerous members that you were completely out of order, and you're the one now making serious physical threats of violence against other members on the forum just because they disagreed with you about some technical terminology.

I think its at that stage you need to reassess your priorities in life and how much further you want to go down this route. Physical threats of violence, even when "veiled" are still breaking the law and if I could be arsed to report this to the police, there would certainly be a case to answer.

Haha oh Jesus just reread that. And me an English lit graduate. How embarrassing! Where's autocorrect when you need it! I couldn't disagree with you more regarding the thumb though. I used to think like you and I was completely wrong, took me 3/4 years to realise though. It's critical for some people, me included now. Ring finger is still the headliner imparting the spin but it's a vital support act to it. And if you re read back up this thread you can see the thumb is right in contact up till moment of release even for Warne, someone even has a photo of it somewhere or a screenshot. It's not putting any spin on obviously but what it does do is it lets me have a loose grip; because I know that ball is always right where I want it, nicely, comfortably cupped right through the loop around and underneath and then as the wrist unfurls as the arm comes over, and it takes a vast amount of strain off that ring finger during that motion. I used to get a torn up finger, now that never happens and its ripping further and more consistently. I've never been so happy or confident with my bowling, and along with improved basics the other 50% has come from having my thumb on the ball. If you bowl as well as can without it then more power to you but don't dismiss it, for many people it's a gamechanger.

The reason coaches say "you can put your thumb off or on, it doesn't matter", is because that is true. Some bowlers bowl with their thumbs on until the last second, some don't put them on at all. There is no right or wrong way to do it, just as there is no "right grip" or "wrong grip". There is just what works for the bowler in question.

Obviously, this doesn't mean that you shouldn't think about the thumb and figure out what works for you, but then that applies to just about everything in spin bowling. No-one is saying that the position of the thumb is completely irrelevant to the individual bowler.

It is winter time in Canada. Can't record my self outside in the nets. Haven't been to indoor nets in a while. Here is me bowling inside my living room on tiles. Just Leggies, Top spin and straighter ones(not slider or flipper). What do you think ?

Well, the ball is turning and bowling in such a constricted enviroment will help you get a good consistent line. But, we can't comment on the action.

He drags a fair amount of balls down doesn't he? He picked up some wickets with drag downs as well. He has an interesting action Sodhi. One thing I do in my action and I'm trying to work on it, is move the bowling arm down quite a way from the body and then as the arm moves backward it pulls into a line right behind me. Watching Sodhi, his arm moves down right alongside his torso and then the arm moves towards the offside a bit and he has a very vertical arm, maybe even beyond the vertical. It's amazing when you really look in detail how different some legspinners are.

Well, the ball is turning and bowling in such a constricted enviroment will help you get a good consistent line. But, we can't comment on the action.
This is the sort of thing I do, the only real value I reckon is you get a sense of the potential of the wrist positions and your releases. Are you married or with someone - what do they reckon to your indoor activities? Actually where was the original post because I'm relying to CP? Doh!:confused:

This is the sort of thing I do, the only real value I reckon is you get a sense of the potential of the wrist positions and your releases. Are you married or with someone - what do they reckon to your indoor activities? Actually where was the original post because I'm relying to CP? Doh!:confused:

I can't imagine the missus would be too impressed!

It's one of things I wish I had, somewhere to practice at home. The garden is like a quagmire. If I had a nice little area to practice in the back garden/yard, I'd probably do 20min-30min everyday.

Back