Thursday = 29
Friday = 29
Saturday = 27
Sunday = 22
Monday = 21
Tuesday = 21
Wednesday = 20

*These will obviously change.

All I hear on the news is "Melbourne heat wave", what heat wave are they talking about? That is some pretty optimal weather if you ask me, perhaps they should spare a thought for some of us up North...

Melbourne starts sooking as soon as the temperature gets to 30.

Temporarily dislocated my shoulder last night...

It all started when I was showing my mum how to bowl the different variations (with a ping pong ball) in kitchen Cricket, everything was going well until I decided to bring out the "mystery ball" at the very end. It's essentially one of those trick deliveries where you hold ball in the opposite hand and quickly flick the then bent arm forward before the bowling arm comes through, when done in full motion it's pretty hard to pick up and people don't understand how it's done. Anyway, I moved my front arm too fast and at the wrong angle which meant that the follow through was slightly off, the result of this was my shoulder popping out of place and I was sore for some time. I'm all good now but I definitely won't be doing that again. :)

It all started when I was showing my mum how to bowl the different variations (with a ping pong ball) in kitchen Cricket, everything was going well until I decided to bring out the "mystery ball" at the very end. It's essentially one of those trick deliveries where you hold ball in the opposite hand and quickly flick the then bent arm forward before the bowling arm comes through, when done in full motion it's pretty hard to pick up and people don't understand how it's done. Anyway, I moved my front arm too fast and at the wrong angle which meant that the follow through was slightly off, the result of this was my shoulder popping out of place and I was sore for some time. I'm all good now but I definitely won't be doing that again. :)

Points for trying. *ouch*

Mildura:
Wednesday = 42
Thursday = 34
Friday = 30
Saturday = 31
Sunday = 33
Monday = 35
Tuesday = 38
Wednesday = 38

Melbourne:
Wednesday = 25
Thursday = 29
Friday = 29
Saturday = 27
Sunday = 22
Monday = 21
Tuesday = 21
Wednesday = 20

*These will obviously change.

All I hear on the news is "Melbourne heat wave", what heat wave are they talking about? That is some pretty optimal weather if you ask me, perhaps they should spare a thought for some of us up North...
That's called Melbourne people being Melbourne people.

Without wanting to alarm you too much you should consider having someone look at your shoulder. Dislocating a joint makes it more prone to dislocation in the future, usually worse than the first or previous dislocation.

It would certainly be worth looking at seeing a physiotherapist and doing some exercises to strengthen your shoulder again.

Without wanting to alarm you too much you should consider having someone look at your shoulder. Dislocating a joint makes it more prone to dislocation in the future, usually worse than the first or previous dislocation.

It would certainly be worth looking at seeing a physiotherapist and doing some exercises to strengthen your shoulder again.

Have a laugh on me:
Broken Collarbone (left) Playing Football at primary school, you call it a hip and shoulder, I call it a shuttle launch.
Broken Wrist 1st (right) Thought it was a good idea to stop soccer ball with one hand.
Broken Wrist 2nd (right) Jumped down a slide, hit the bump halfway down and flew forward onto my wrist.

Some of my more serious sporting injuries:
Hit in arm/ribs/spine etc (Baseball) Don't rub it they say...
Hit in back of head (Baseball) It was actually below the helmet, needless to say it hurt a bit.
Hit in the Ulna/Wrist multiple times in same game (Baseball) Got to love a shock wave down your arm, I'd put it at a 7 on the Richter Scale.
Hit in throat by full toss (Cricket) Ended up running 3 Km's home, talk about being short of breath.

+ many, many more.

"no pain, no gain" :)

----

Well then... I should probably tell you that I also had a few shifts in the days following the dislocation, I've worked Monday 1pm-4pm, Tuesday 5pm-9pm and Thursday 7pm-11pm doing nightfill at Coles with no problem at all. I still have Baseball tonight and 2 more 7pm-11pm shifts on the weekend, let's hope for the best. If anything starts to play up I will definitely have to see someone about it, I just hope that it doesn't happen on the job. Thank you for warning me about the dislocation.

This is the reason why I end up with lots of injuries, for those who don't understand what is going on I will have a brief explanation below.

12814653_1550635301931642_8813772186093924846_n.jpg

Image 1: I have done a bad throw down the 3rd base line (I'm catching) and my brother has came around and fielded the ball after it had came off the 3rd basemans' glove. The runner who you can see in shot is coming towards home plate.

12795499_1550635355264970_1538899829738834883_n.jpg

Image 2: My brother has picked up the ball and thrown it perfectly to me so that I can tag the runner out at the plate, I think he is going to slide in (you can't run through the catcher anymore) so I go down low awaiting the tag.

12804634_1550635401931632_8473258096296540766_n.jpg

Image 3: I am now about to tag the runner when I notice that he hasn't started sliding in to home plate (the plate is about a metre to me left), at this point in time I am assuming that he will try to run through me.

12814436_1550635411931631_6258127100664127940_n.jpg

Image 4: He then tries to jump over me at the plate... I get hit in the head by his foot as I'm trying to tag him, I wasn't blocking the plate (only when he attempted to jump me I moved towards the line) so this was not what I was expecting.

12805708_1550635458598293_4839033858867353679_n.jpg

Image 5-8: The stupidity continues...

12800374_1550635508598288_3754154211033628288_n.jpg

12800285_1550635555264950_2149088239311666908_n.jpg

12805910_1550635575264948_2690192929527478807_n.jpg

12805709_1550635675264938_5189867558543971735_n.jpg

Image 9: I point out to the umpire that I tagged him (and held onto the ball) and then say to the guy "wtf are you doing trying to jump me?"

12805669_1550635748598264_8975327134825096689_n.jpg

Image 10: The umpire rightly calls him out, he should have been ejected but he ended up playing the rest of the game.

Later in the game I actually ended up retiring injured as I was disorientated from not only the knock but the heat as it was 38 degrees. I had actually got the same guy out again at home plate (later in the game) but he ended up being safe on the basis that I didn't tag him, I did actually tag him but I myself wasn't sure as I wasn't quite with it. There's actually a photo of me tagging him so I'll probably post that later.

Last edited:
I've only had like one injury ever playing sport, a dislocated finger at footy training.

The worst injury I had playing sport was practicing catching by myself in the backyard haha. I was throwing a bouncy ball against the wall and trying to dive and catch it on the rebound.. Ended up digging my ring finger into a hole in the ground - diving for a catch and breaking it. I felt so clever afterwards lol.

Actually I also had a badly sprained finger from a missed mark attempt that I didn't get ice on straight away and it swelled up nearly double size and went black. Didn't break anything though just had to wait a couple of weeks for it to go down a move properly again.

O week at uni is generally pretty boring if you aren't into parties and stuff.
Yesterday was great.
Am looking forward to when my classes start next week. Have got photography and art theory. So one fun subject and one tough researchable subject.
Got any questions, need any advice, this is what I do for a living here in the UK. Have a look at these links here. The list for the most part is all contemporary or historically significant photographers http://www.listofphotographers.blogspot.co.uk/

This here is just guidance on putting together photography projects http://www.southendasphoto.blogspot.co.uk/
Have a look and see if there's anything useful?

How long is your course?

My injuries- shin splints, shoulder issue (damaged nerve in the neck which lead to the shoulder) and dodgy ankles for best part of 2-3 years.

Got any questions, need any advice, this is what I do for a living here in the UK. Have a look at these links here. The list for the most part is all contemporary or historically significant photographers http://www.listofphotographers.blogspot.co.uk/

This here is just guidance on putting together photography projects http://www.southendasphoto.blogspot.co.uk/
Have a look and see if there's anything useful?

How long is your course?
Goes for three years as i'm doing it part time

Am currently over at my sister in law's looking after her house and dogs.
Have had two snuggles with izzy who is one of the dogs here.

Back