Nmca 2016/17

Pepper has been quiet of late.
I have being hearing that Mr Pig has been given his marching orders. He maybe looking for his 3rd club. These rumours have been doing the rounds. Can anyone confirm. Also some changes are happening at ruthven reserve, more information to follow. Bye for now.

I have being hearing that Mr Pig has been given his marching orders. He maybe looking for his 3rd club. These rumours have been doing the rounds. Can anyone confirm. Also some changes are happening at ruthven reserve, more information to follow. Bye for now.
Am not aware of any marching orders

It's completely true... Camrea have returned to the NMCA and will begin in C grade.

Issues began over the name of the club and whether it represented the Thomastown aspect of the club enough.

Semantics and pride can sometimes cost you more than a logo and colours... Ridiculous if you ask me.

Yeah, probably a crap grade, DVCA aren't as good as you think.
They might have grades that run a little deeper but standard is much the same from
what I can see. When Camrea Keon Park Rosewank and a few others were at their best
They would of smashed the top grade in DVCA. That's my opinion so don't start any crap on here,
I haven't played for years it's just the way I see it and I'm entitled to my opinion.
We're comparing a growing area to a old area, I would of loved to see how the DVCA side's would
Of faced the old Jika fast bowler's! Don't go to the comp games as the good Jika players never wanted
to play them and when they did they would always beat DVCA.

Yeah, probably a crap grade, DVCA aren't as good as you think.
They might have grades that run a little deeper but standard is much the same from
what I can see. When Camrea Keon Park Rosewank and a few others were at their best
They would of smashed the top grade in DVCA. That's my opinion so don't start any crap on here,
I haven't played for years it's just the way I see it and I'm entitled to my opinion.
We're comparing a growing area to a old area, I would of loved to see how the DVCA side's would
Of faced the old Jika fast bowler's! Don't go to the comp games as the good Jika players never wanted
to play them and when they did they would always beat DVCA.
Wombat you are full of it. Comparing the old sides to today's. Today's cricket is just as good as the cricket 10 to 20 years ago. It's not just you who says it, it's every other retired cricketer who says it. ive watched both grades for the last 10 or so years and I can say that dvca is a better comp. the top grad runs a lot deeper. The top 2 or 3 sides in JiKA would be competitive but the rest are for money shield. That's only my opinion. Today's cricket is just as good as its ever been. Go have a beer and keep watching from the side lines buddy!!!

Last edited:
its c grade jika how hard can it be

Don't forget, the combined club "Camrea Taipans" finished in 22nd place in the DVCA last year, and it's the oldest, weakest part of the combined club, namely "Camrea", which has returned to the NMCA. The stronger half "Thomastown" has remained in the DVCA - and they would be at pretty short odds to be in DVCA 4th grade after next season.

Last edited:
Last time I spoke to ALEX, he said todays teams wouldn't get near the old teams.
I suppose he wouldn't know! Another Draught thanks!

Back