Player Movements & Rumours 2016/17

Of course it is. It's run by an inept executive, led by an egotistical President who does nothing to better the competition at all. Everything he and some others do is a half arsed effort.

Why don't you tell us what you really think of them tongs! Is that your reason for leaving the valley?

Why don't you tell us what you really think of them tongs! Is that your reason for leaving the valley?

No, I just got given a coaching opportunity at a club outside of the valley. Only reason I left.

The sooner people open their eyes at how the President treats people, and how little he does for the betterment of the comp the better. He should be overseeing the website and Facebook page. Both of which are crap.

I'm hearing Thongs might be taking a few DVCA cricketers with him to his new club. Don't think Eltham are too happy about it from what I'm heard at the footy on the weekend.

While I do enjoy seeing people wind up Tongs, this defies logic. Why would an Eltham cricketer start playing for a club 20km away? Driving across Melbourne in Saturday morning traffic, trying to get home from social functions....... any DVCA player who went to Tongs new club would get sick of it pretty quickly.

While I do enjoy seeing people wind up Tongs, this defies logic. Why would an Eltham cricketer start playing for a club 20km away? Driving across Melbourne in Saturday morning traffic, trying to get home from social functions....... any DVCA player who went to Tongs new club would get sick of it pretty quickly.

Hell I get sick of trying to fight traffic in Plenty Rd for 4 kms to get to training, that is, when I bother to turn up to training.

On a similar note, as I am fairly new to the dvca I wonder where I can access the past winners of all the grades (A mainly) archives

Unfortunately the comp has never kept good records - a shame when it has been going for so long.
Also very unusual that the fixtures are not out - does anyone know why?????

no playing dates, rule changes - very poor website after the previous webmasters job

Last edited:
Unfortunately the comp has never kept good records - a shame when it has been going for so long.
Also very unusual that the fixtures are not out - does anyone know why?????

no playing dates, rule changes - very poor website after the previous webmasters job

The premierships for all senior and junior grades, going back to 1928/29, used to be listed in the back of the annually updated Rule Book every year, until the comp stopped printing the Book 7 or 8 years ago.

It also used to contain a complete list of Christesen and Gleeson medallists, as well as Life Members (some of whom also dated back to before WW2).

It should be possible for an accomplished Website administrator to scan them in, bring them up to date, and annually update them on the Website.

The premierships for all senior and junior grades, going back to 1928/29, used to be listed in the back of the annually updated Rule Book every year, until the comp stopped printing the Book 7 or 8 years ago.

It also used to contain a complete list of Christesen and Gleeson medallists, as well as Life Members (some of whom also dated back to before WW2).

It should be possible for an accomplished Website administrator to scan them in, bring them up to date, and annually update them on the Website.

Would have thought so

All of those insinuating that Riverside would have an easy start to the year, with a hand in the fixture for, well, they have Creek away, so I guess that's not happening.

Money talks. Eltham wouldn't have much left after getting that bloke that Brutal said they won't get. Remember, he said that the player gave him his word. Haha

Yep it's a sad world when a bloke who spends 15 years at a place doesn't have the confidence to have an honest discussion. But you know what.....in the end I think Eltham are going to be the big loser. Signing a bloke for 16k on a one year deal is pretty irresponsible. They're damned if they get promoted and dammed if they don't. For us we have a couple of ins at no cost, 13k we are saving in PP's, the green light isn't far away on our pavilion extensions giving us 2 extra change rooms and much bigger social set up, we are adding an extra senior side, juniors are booming, we get the best view of the game in the valley and great sunsets to have a beer to every Thurs, Sat evening.:):thumbsu:
I think it's a sadder world when a so called mate pots a so called mate on social media because he's not happy with how things went down. He has kept you blokes in Barclay singlehandedly for the past 7-8 years. Played at the club for 15 years and this is the thanks he gets! Pretty ordinary in my opinion. I know if I was a so called mate, regardless of what happened I wouldn't sell out on him just because he wants a change.

Back