Vtca Season 2016-17

Has anyone who was in a position of responsibility within the V.T.C.A. been called to account for what they've done to destroy a perfectly good cricket competition?

It would be good if someone lists down these things VTCA have done to destroy this comp and
to be fair someone ought to also pen down things they have done for the betterment of the comp.

No merger with East Keilor. Not surprised about Avondale not being around. My club played them in 3 different grades & from what l saw they were as unprofessional as they get on & off the field with too much left to too few. When wickets aren't up to scratch on a regular basis, players at North A level leaving after they have their bat indicated there was little care level.
Very little after match interaction with the opposition.
When I started at my club, Avondale Heights was a very vibrant club, whereas now whether you have won or lost, leaves one wondering what went wrong.
Ultimately, not enough people cared enough to put in the work & I for my experiences & dealings with them am not sorry to see them go. Sorry for the few people that have put in the work, but not for the club as a whole.

find it very difficult to argue with any of that.
nonetheless, personally, I am saddened to see any club fold but especially clubs like Albion & Avo given had some ding dong battles with them in their respective hey days. Avo at least have their juniors, so a base to build from..
On a positive note, looking at the fixtures great to see so many new clubs, a very different look to the comp, very interested to see how they fare.
Any clues on which of these newbies are well placed to progress up the VTCA ranks.

The new Southern Bayside Comp has postponed Round 1. Whats our chances for a start in the VTCA. Heard on the grapevine some Councils may have a say in whether play goes ahead for round 1.

Recieved message and also on VTCA website Round 1 Cancelled. Reserve day for 2ndX1 also is to be voted on at tonights meeting. Update from meeting 2ndX1 games to be played on reserve day as well.
"Unfortunately Round 1 has had to be cancelled due to only a handful of wickets being ready as a result of the recent weather. For 1st X1's the Round will now be played on Sunday 13th November. Senior and Senior Seconds Round 5 has been moved to Sunday 11th December."

Last edited:
Are County West, in West A1, going to field a side again this season? They have already forfeited this Saturday's game, & they are obviously in trouble as only 6 batted in their second innings last round.

Are County West, in West A1, going to field a side again this season? They have already forfeited this Saturday's game, & they are obviously in trouble as only 6 batted in their second innings last round.
Also forfeited A2 . interesting if they play in the other other associations this weekend.

I believe the VTCA Board is meeting with them this week to discuss future. Doesn't look good.

They only had six in second innings........... Too many people were in need of a cab.......
Here comes 21 yes that's right 21

County West have forfeited again today to Melton Centrals. That will be the finish of them now surely & they will be removed from West A1.

County West have forfeited again today to Melton Centrals. That will be the finish of them now surely & they will be removed from West A1.
Your right Caz.......They should be stopped playing immediately ...........it's too much of an advantage to the sides whom play them in coming weeks, both of which have played them in a two day game earlier.

Your right Caz.......They should be stopped playing immediately ...........it's too much of an advantage to the sides whom play them in coming weeks, both of which have played them in a two day game earlier.
Agreed ,how can they not find 11 players or at least 7 to field a team? there other teams in the churches did not play last week so their priority is for the one day comp by the looks of it so they can play that this week.

Last edited:
Agreed ,how can they not find 11 players or at least 7 to field a team? there other teams in the churches did not play last week so their priority is for the one day comp by the looks of it so they can play that this week.
Heard on the VTCA radio show from the president that County West are now out all together .

Heard on the VTCA radio show from the president that County West are now out all together .
That's good, now the other sides know that no one can get certain outright points against them in a two day game. Unfortunately, Grand United and Williamstown Imps have been lucky enough to play them in a two day game and the extra points they got could be the difference in them making the finals.
How the VTCA accepted County West I'll never know. Playing on the terrible pitch at Honour Avenue, their seconds having to play home games on Sundays and coming from playing B grade in the Western Suburbs Churches on hard wickets meant there wasn't any chance of them being competitive. Then the internal problems they had with their players walking out was the end of them.

What's happened in North West A1 game between Werribee Centrals and St Andrews? Only 114 overs bowled and says Werribee Centrals win on forfeit. Why did St Andrews stop playing has to be more to it. Anyone have any ideas?

What's happened in North West A1 game between Werribee Centrals and St Andrews? Only 114 overs bowled and says Werribee Centrals win on forfeit. Why did St Andrews stop playing has to be more to it. Anyone have any ideas?
St Andrews captain took his team off the ground claiming the bowlers footholds were unsafe and refused to return when umpires told them to.

Back