2016/2017 Mash Shield

Fair points shortnwide. Perhaps there is a bit of the prestige factor in playing BS that influences recruitment, but as I'm fond of saying 'when it's not about the money, it's about the money'. I think a good coach can improve anyone's game, no matter their skill level to begin with. That is being somewhat uncharacteristically optimistic for me.

The slime looking for their first piece of silverware since coming across, they are a club that were able to attract some big name players to Mash Shield, but will it be enough and if not will they stick around. History not on their side. . .

Fair points shortnwide. Perhaps there is a bit of the prestige factor in playing BS that influences recruitment, but as I'm fond of saying 'when it's not about the money, it's about the money'. I think a good coach can improve anyone's game, no matter their skill level to begin with. That is being somewhat uncharacteristically optimistic for me.
Certainly agree that a good coach will get improvement from players. Just not a huge amount from most players (also a function of the fact that the time we spend working on our game is limited). But the importance of the coach(es) can't be understated. They really help set the mood and culture around the club along with committee and selection panel.

The slime looking for their first piece of silverware since coming across, they are a club that were able to attract some big name players to Mash Shield, but will it be enough and if not will they stick around. History not on their side. . .
Who are the big name players?

Slime is the footy club, give the cricket club a little respect

No offence but if you have played in finals in 12 of the past 15 years, and won 2 grand finals ( albeit in lower grades) , why are they languishing in Mash shield ?

If you are having a crack at a club that has made finals 12 times in 15 years. Has made 6 GF's in that time and has won 2 flags, then you're nothing but an ill-informed keyboard warrior. You're not touching any nerves, you're just a chimpanzee throwing his own shit through a cage.

So are you saying that you didn't choke? I think your stats show that experiencing a shortness of breath in big games is a regular occurance for your mob.

Back