2016/2017 Barclay Shield

Yeah absolutely mate I was. I'm just saying now from his behalf it's worth it. Just highlighting the significance of the act
I don't think that act won them the flag mate, maybe his bowling in the semi or the partnership he had with his brother today has more significance.

Haven't said a word on BC for 5 years, but couldn't resist today. Thanks MacLeod for doing the right thing yesterday. 3/9 pass em 4 down, legendary win.
Would be fair to say they were a tad excited at 3/9. They got rid of Lynch on the back of a half arsed appeal. In fact after that, they couldn't resist and appealed for absolutely everything. It was bordering on ridiculous.
Secondly, if what I'm hearing is true, they refused to go back out after a rain delay because the pitch was unsafe for bowling. And the most laughable thing i think I have ever witnessed on a cricket field- the 12th man comes out to dry the pitch with a blower, whilst it was raining !!! Strangest thing ever ( who brought the blower ??).

Would be fair to say they were a tad excited at 3/9. They got rid of Lynch on the back of a half arsed appeal. In fact after that, they couldn't resist and appealed for absolutely everything. It was bordering on ridiculous.
Secondly, if what I'm hearing is true, they refused to go back out after a rain delay because the pitch was unsafe for bowling. And the most laughable thing i think I have ever witnessed on a cricket field- the 12th man comes out to dry the pitch with a blower, whilst it was raining !!! Strangest thing ever ( who brought the blower ??).
Some high priced pony's in that stable, would hate to see any of them slip over in wet conditions.

Not sure what game you were at Serge but I could count on one hand the amount of appeals I saw after the Lynch out, the Wise boys battered superbly in tough conditions for bowlers. Game was nicely poised at 4/75 in the 48 over when the rain started. Game was effectively over once they batted a few overs in that. From a neutral supporters point of view I thought it was set up for a great finish until then. Full credit to Macleod thou deserving Premiers. And Rob Wise was tremendous.

Great effort from Mac to fight back from 3 for nothing to get there 4 down, fitting to have the two Wise brothers at the crease, say whatever you like about them but they are heart and soul down there and have ensured theyve been competitive for a long time now.

Are Salm Austin Rosbrook all committed next year ? Are Gibbs and Smale going on ? O'Connor to banyule ? Who the f&$k brought the blower?! Say a prayer for the clappers

Great effort from Mac to fight back from 3 for nothing to get there 4 down, fitting to have the two Wise brothers at the crease, say whatever you like about them but they are heart and soul down there and have ensured theyve been competitive for a long time now.

Are Salm Austin Rosbrook all committed next year ? Are Gibbs and Smale going on ? O'Connor to banyule ? Who the f&$k brought the blower?! Say a prayer for the clappers
The two Poms got them out of a hole. Both Dug in an batted well.

Been rumblings all season that Salm and Austin are gone at season end. Banyule are tell everyone that O'Connor is heading home. Look out for the Clappers at your local Bunnings selling snags to pay for their next Runners Up tilt.

Gibbsy possible retirement - can you confirm Tongs ?
Don't think Rossbrook will continue .
If Salm and Austin leave , on top of occa, that should free up some salary cap space.....

Gibbsy possible retirement - can you confirm Tongs ?
Don't think Rossbrook will continue .
If Salm and Austin leave , on top of occa, that should free up some salary cap space.....

I am not sure on Gibbsy, I haven't spoken to him about it, I don't think its the right time to be asking those questions. If you ask him if he'd like to keep going, he'd tell you he'd play till he was 90. He's probably not far off that now! Obviously has more than enough ability to match it with the best of them, and with not bowling his body would be in much better shape to go around again.

Just on gibbsy, I noticed he only bowled a few overs for the entire season. I know riverside have an abundance of bowlers, but was he not available to bowl ?

Just on gibbsy, I noticed he only bowled a few overs for the entire season. I know riverside have an abundance of bowlers, but was he not available to bowl ?

I think it was probably a mix of: Him not being required and playing his role in the team, and him saving his body to pull up perfectly the following game. My words, not his. I may be wrong.

If I were captain, I would've bowled him every single game. But then again, Brent was in a similar position.

Back