Player Movements & Rumours 2016/17

I call it as I see it on here, however I stand corrected . Trav has signed at NEW but they went back on the no payment idea and he has been given x amount of dollars.

From speaking to brad at the footy before Easter there is 4 diamond valley clubs after him. 1 money shield side obviously and three Barclay. Old team mates at Rosanna are pushing pretty hard
Perhaps it's only 3 Barclay Shield Clubs now. Definitely North Eltham and Rosanna with the former promising to match or better anyone else.

Geez Vinnie. So Baker was going to play for nothing but now playing for x dollars and Mitchell wouldn't play at NEW because you will only pay incentives, but now it seems you will match or better other offers. Ducks and drakes it was I'm guessing.

Haha yep. Turns out they didn't stick to their guns and obviously like someone else said we're afraid he'd leave.

Would be silly not to atleast have a crack at Mitchell too. Any club that has room for him would be stupid not to show interest

I wonder how this 457 Visa thing is going to effect imports. I notice that the 421 sports visa's have already been suspended. The 408 temp work visa wouldn't do any good as it can only be used up to 3 months. Clubs might have to nurture junior talent rather than just throw money at some imports.

itll mean your club will be no good if they cant import your only good players

itll mean your club will be no good if they cant import your only good players

*shrug*, I think we've played better cricket without imports and we have a recent MS flag to prove that. I'd not have gone down the road of imports. I think our committee got caught up in what everyone else was doing and kinda lemming trained along with it. While a couple of our imports have had some individual success, I don't think the club got much out of it, other than a depleted bank account.

Well I presume it is, this is the link where I got the information. I can't see an actual date on the suspension.

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/421-

If you read this, it seems Sports Umpires is an occupation now on the banned list, that was previously covered by the 421, but 'sportspersons' is still allowed on the 'short term skills' list.

http://www.afr.com/news/politics/457-visa-ban-first-step-in-immigration-crackdown-20170418-gvn2vx

How or what players have been using to arrive out here, I don't know.
Apparently the players can still arrive but do so on a tourist sponsored visa. The club has to pay a fee to be a recognised sponsor.

L
Rumour mill
Malone to LE
O'Connor to Banyule
Still back to LE

Can anyone confirm these?
I spoke to Brutal at the local footy last week and he assured me Malone was staying at research but hey we've heard that before! I've actually heard tongs was told to not re-apply for his job and is heading back to Eltham to roll a few snags again. Cmon tongs let Brutal have his say again.

Wow. MALONE ON THE MOVE ?
If true, do people think that Research would be destined for Mash Shield ?
Don't reckon even Tommy lad would hang around for that riveting exoerience

L
I spoke to Brutal at the local footy last week and he assured me Malone was staying at research but hey we've heard that before! I've actually heard tongs was told to not re-apply for his job and is heading back to Eltham to roll a few snags again. Cmon tongs let Brutal have his say again.
Can't speak for Brutal, but my mail tells me that he will be at Research. My former club in an Eastern comp gave him a call a couple of weeks ago and was told thanks but no thanks. Have since been told that he has had the usual amount of calls and offers but has no intention of playing elsewhere. And apparently does get some massive offers, which if true would be hard to resist, so good on him for hanging around for much less.

L

Whilst not relevant, like most of your posts. I can assure you I'm signed on to coach again this year.

WanderingUnity has been burning the old ear on the phone talking to a couple of big names, come on mate, share with the group.

Back