Subbies Thread

Not sure kew will be at the pointy end, they've lost gledhill and not sure they've gained many/any.

They have picked up Kelliher so will have 2 seam bowlers who took 35-40 wickets each.
Plenty valley still strong as Mitchell a pretty average cricketer so no big loss and would expect inclusions to cover Seymour to an extent to be top 6.
Brunswick have always under achieved and a lot of pressure on Murphy to make all the runs

They have picked up Kelliher so will have 2 seam bowlers who took 35-40 wickets each.
Plenty valley still strong as Mitchell a pretty average cricketer so no big loss and would expect inclusions to cover Seymour to an extent to be top 6.
Brunswick have always under achieved and a lot of pressure on Murphy to make all the runs
They've lost 4-5 others and a handful of 2's players capable of playing 1's, I don't think they'll be a contender. Kew have got Dave wildsmith as well who adds to their batting. Still Brunswick and Kew for me.

Paul Amy has announced the Moorabbin have appointed Michael moss as head coach. That's a blast from the past. He's been umpiring in the cmca for the last few years.

My initial thoughts were Chris Rogers to Oakleigh.
But both Tillekaratne Dilshan and Thilan Samaraweera live in S/E Melbourne.
Bit more scary - Mahela Jayawardene moved to Melbourne last year as well.........

A little extract from the challengers looking to overthrow the CV board, looks like Whale and co have poked the bear! Reckon I know where the VSDCA votes will be going!

"It claims the board has:

■ Spent $4 million on consultants in the past two years.

■ Failed to give members “full financial transparency in relation to many of its decisions’’.

■ Tried to expand the Premier Cricket competition against the wishes of delegates.

■ Bullied and threatened the Victorian Sub-District Cricket Association over the proposed region model for turf cricket."

Very much a real threat to the existing board. Everything that I have been hearing is that voting is extremely tight and could go either way.

As you you no doubt know, discontent with CV has been festering for several years. I can't help thinking it has deluded itself into thinking it is running a commercial enterprise when, in reality, it is not. It has doggedly persisted in pursuing its agenda in the face of opposition from its stakeholders who, of course, are not in its employ. In some instances, lifelong friendships/relationships of gifted dedicated cricket folk have been shattered. This is a luxury cricket cannot afford. Is ''rebellion'' too strong an adjective in describing where CV now finds itself?
The new candidates say '' Cricket Victoria will return to being a service-driven organisation.'' CV strayed from being so at its peril and is now facing the outworking.

Back