Nmca 2017/18

Kookies will soon to announced Mr James & Mr cory will be hot recruits for the year. This making them very strong after some players leaving. Mr alex set to be leaving will go to highest bidder with kooks still trying to offer good package. Also players from coltery to socials. Bye bye.

Kookies will soon to announced Mr James & Mr cory will be hot recruits for the year. This making them very strong after some players leaving. Mr alex set to be leaving will go to highest bidder with kooks still trying to offer good package. Also players from coltery to socials. Bye bye.
I'm hearing a lot of colts players have joined HW.

The fixture is out and I'd like to see what people think of it.

I think the comp has done a good job of restricting it to one Sunday game this season but I think there's some tweaking we could do to improve the quality and participation in cricket.

The fixture is out and I'd like to see what people think of it.

I think the comp has done a good job of restricting it to one Sunday game this season but I think there's some tweaking we could do to improve the quality and participation in cricket.

I think the new president and board missed a golden opportunity to put a stamp on the competition by abolishing the reserve grades and maybe forming a new structure (e.g. More 2 day games). But otherwise while people will be happy with just one Sunday game, some won't be happy with returning on Jan 6. I'm not fussed either way.

Resevere grades need to go, play another Sunday and the rest is fine.
Everyone should stop complaining and start backing the comp. I think we all know the damage that we have been left with so now the new board need to pick up the pieces and make sure they don't make the same mistakes as the previous board. I still don't think the clubs are being told the truth re finance, rule's and so on.
I hope that Neil gets to do his job without being told what to do and to the rules.

Looking at NMCA Jika (A Grade). Standard has dropped off, Massive massive massive drop in class and quality of teams/players within the comp.

The NMCA need to do something.

Any suggestions there WhoKnows! ???? Some practical options rather than "do something" would be helpful... if it was easy then it would have been done already. Radio is right, the entire comp needs to back the new board to turn this ship around.

Any suggestions there WhoKnows! ???? Some practical options rather than "do something" would be helpful... if it was easy then it would have been done already. Radio is right, the entire comp needs to back the new board to turn this ship around.

Too late now, but would love to have seen just 6 teams in A grade, and just playing 2 day matches. Rather than promote B Grade teams on the back of the demise of A grade clubs. Might improve the standard? Unsure how finals would go, just putting it out there. And in fact, just 2 day matches for the top grades. Not sure why so many one day matches when there are no one day finals.

Just a different suggestion, not knocking the board at all.

Who in their right mind would come to the NMCA? Crap clubs are leaving ie: Northcote Utd and you want good clubs to join? Won't happen, nothing will happen until CV step in and then still nothing will happen. We are rubbish and the competition should be run a lot smarter, that won't happen either as anyone with a brain is not on the board. The comp suffers from the tall poppy syndrome and people will do anything to cut people down starting from the umpires,FACT. The first thing that should happen is no international players should be allowed to play, your're either a citizen or have permanent residency or you don't, bringing in players from overseas just prolongs clubs slow death. I know I have said that you need to be promoting participation but not at the expense of locals not playing but internationals coming in just for park cricket. We need to promote local participation.

Last edited:
Umpires fees should go down as we haven't got good umpires, we have crap, all the good ones have left thanks to BA and PC.

Answering a question Usman, the umpires we have know are being paid to much, get accredited umpires that train twice a week with different clubs to gain experience and then talk about money. Most umpires turn up for beer money when clubs put their heart and soul to develop their club and then have it ruined by pathetic decisions on a Saturday. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Answering a question Usman, the umpires we have know are being paid to much, get accredited umpires that train twice a week with different clubs to gain experience and then talk about money. Most umpires turn up for beer money when clubs put their heart and soul to develop their club and then have it ruined by pathetic decisions on a Saturday. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Agreed, there are a number of good umpires however overall the standard needs to increase significantly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back