Nmca 2017/18

Everyone gets paid ask Camrea, they're paying in Kelly Shield.
I don't understand why people are hung up on this, it's a free world clubs can do whatever they want.
I don't agree with it but I know my club pays and we are not in Jika shield.

Perry, banno, hughes are good park footballers.
Some good park footballers are on 600+ a game.
I can tell you that some good park cricket clubs are lucky to spend 1k in match payments a week.
Also.
I can tell you that these blokes who are bred at a club are on a lot less than what they could be getting.

I agree with whoever's comments earlier with rosebank arent doing anything wrong.
If they have worked hard enough off field to have money to spend on players well good on them.
Clubs should strive to do the same.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Exactly my point... everyone pays their superstars/ good players, just coz rosebank do it better everyone says it’s wrong. Just a shame other clubs aren’t on their level so we don’t have to see them win anymore flags!

If all clubs were in a position to pay and attract 'marquee' players, they would (mine included) but we are not.

Good on those who are and do, the reality is that it brings talent into the comp that otherwise would've gone for coin elsewhere, gives us all something to talk about and it raises the bar of expectation and interest in our comp.

It never has or ever will stop other clubs from doing the same, and nor it should.

Last edited:
Interesting weekends results Rivergum humbled PB as did Rosebank with HDW.
Yes I know Rosebank are 4-75 but all out 99, they're trying to go for an outright,
When else would a Rosebank team go so hard to win it that quickly.LMAO

Rosebank ageing players. Tenuta doing hard work trying to hide them all. Outside of the 3 form players reckon they can be easily exposed. No need to hit boundaries with them as they give you plenty of easy singles around the ground.

Holy Trinity the perennial December premiers. Will fade post the break

Lalor/Socials/KP absolute disgrace.

Heidelberg West are the trash talkers of the comp. Maybe focus more on themselves than trying to verbally gangster other teams. Inexperience & lack of professionalism at top level quite evident.

Rivergum good all round package should see them go deep however too many egos could disrupt their journey

Baseballers could be the Smokey. Well lead and seem to be focused with good game plan
Probabably the best post of the season.
Rosebank ageing players. Tenuta doing hard work trying to hide them all. Outside of the 3 form players reckon they can be easily exposed. No need to hit boundaries with them as they give you plenty of easy singles around the ground.

Heidelberg West are the trash talkers of the comp. Maybe focus more on themselves than trying to verbally gangster other teams. Inexperience & lack of professionalism at top level quite evident.

Rivergum good all round package should see them go deep however too many egos could disrupt their journey

Baseballers could be the Smokey. Well lead and seem to be focused with good game plan

Great post Pauline. Rosebank only just getting through. Old bowlers & slow fielders. Thompson Tenuta Wick Sampion need to score the runs. The tail begins at 6. They rely on the usual names to pull them out of the dung. Rivergum in a similar situation relying on the the usual top performers. HT typical of what everyone is used to. Bowlers arent anything special. Obrien & wright need to score all the runs. babesballers show enthusiasm & may surprise. Lalor may ad well shut the doirs, same with Keon Park.

I think you all need to realise it's not the competition, it's the area we live in and that CA have left the game in dire straits.

There's no assistance from CV or CA and in comparison to the FFA and AFL the governing body is a disgrace.

Rosebank are just getting through like last season when people were saying they'll be relegated. Best team by a mile! Rivergum 2nd at this stage and HT third.

HW and PB fighting for 4th but the bottom three are struggling. That's cricket sometimes and when you lose a lot of players in those teams in hard in the top grade.

What I'm referring to is the sport in general; participation is a huge issue and it's multi faceted. It's not up to NMCA to promote the sport and engage with juniors. Maybe it's just society as a whole and I'm jumping the gun but the decline in recent years is huge.

That is subsequently killing the clubs that we're speaking about.

There's more to it than blame games but it's an issue at every club north of the yarra.

As for Rosebank and saying they're dropping games they shouldn't against HT and PB, I think you underestimate those clubs; that's A grade anyone can win on their day.

I know people say the comp is weak and to be honest as a whole it is but the top teams are pretty good and Rosebank has guys in their 2's and batting from 7 down in their ones that would walk straight into any other clubs ones.

They haven't hit their straps yet!

What I'm referring to is the sport in general; participation is a huge issue and it's multi faceted. It's not up to NMCA to promote the sport and engage with juniors. Maybe it's just society as a whole and I'm jumping the gun but the decline in recent years is huge.

That is subsequently killing the clubs that we're speaking about.

There's more to it than blame games but it's an issue at every club north of the yarra.

As for Rosebank and saying they're dropping games they shouldn't against HT and PB, I think you underestimate those clubs; that's A grade anyone can win on their day.

I know people say the comp is weak and to be honest as a whole it is but the top teams are pretty good and Rosebank has guys in their 2's and batting from 7 down in their ones that would walk straight into any other clubs ones.

They haven't hit their straps yet!

I dare say Rosebank and rivergum both haven't hit there straps yet. Which is very scary for the rest of the comp. rivergums 2 opening bowlers have only bowled 8 overs between them for the year..

100% Pauline, Inclement weather proved that Rivergum and Rosebank are the teams to beat.
Really good for the comp!Not. When will the comp wake up and change the structure of the competition?
Fixture and amount of teams in every grade great but Reserve grade is a waste of time and killing the comp.
We'll wait until next year after a few clubs close their doors??

Thx for clarifying your position and agree that the future of grass roots cricket particularly in the north is diabolical. Probably too late for a rescue mission so guess we continue to toil to survive as best we can.

Therefore so important that we need to cease these continual attacks on each other and focus on a collective campaign to rebuild the footprint of the NMCA. Unfortunately in society we are always going to have to deal with negative & unproductive individuals. Sour grapes I guess.

Best comment on here in a while. No use constantly looking at the negatives of the comp and re-hashing the same arguments time and time again. As clubs and individuals, we need to make the best of what we have if we want to continue to play and be involved in the game we love. Its certainly not all doom and gloom as some on here would have us believe.

A few interesting games this week, with Rosebank v Baseballers and Lalor V Keon Park. Both games in the rd 2 one dayer were low scoring and both were decided in the last over, with Baseballers and KP getting the points on the day. I'm tipping reverse results in those games this week, thoughts anyone?

Well, there were some very interesting results last round. In particular NBR batting first and posting 119 from their 40 overs with 4 wickets in hand.

I'm a huge fan of their batting discipline and the way they go about posting a score in 80 over matches but that's ridiculous in my opinion.

Anyway, it's not that big of a deal but that stood out for me from the weekend...

Rivergum loss only a minor hiccup losing to West Heidelberg. Any update on Altis & Bramidge return?

NBR maybe not the powerhouse they once were. Where is Favrin, Acker & Plumpton? Lose this week and think they will struggle in the back end.

Ballers doing the little things right. Just need to show some consistency and should go deep possibly even play off.

Other games not even worth mentioning.
Bramich, altis, young all out at the moment makes it hard. Pretty handy still being top of the ladder.
Rosebank will come good once the 2 dayers come around you would think. Batting is a little concern. Very old team. May struggle when it heats up.
Baseballers will make finals. Will finish 3rd or 4th and out first final.
Big game this week Heidelberg berg west and Rosebank. Rosebank out of the 4 if they lose and Heidelberg west in.

Back