Stokes

Mike Gatting lost the captaincy for inviting a barmaid to visit his hotel room.
Botham banned for admitting he had smoked cannabis.
Flintoff lost the vice-captaincy for getting on the turps and falling out of a pedal boat.
Is Stokes so valuable to English cricket that his behaviour will be ignored?
If he does make the Ashes tour he will get a very warm reception here.

I suspect he is about to be cleared of all charges and then should really be on the next plane out.

I believe a court would see his behaviour as all legitimate self defence against a weaponised assault.

What happened with stokesy wasn't that flash.
It means that when a cricketer goes out in public to have a bite to eat somewhere they should be allowed to without being harassed by idiots.
Something similar happened to marlon black from the west indies who ended up having some nasty head injury.
People shouldn't go and have a fight with anyone famous.
It proves that they are in the wrong.

If Pietersen was sacked by Strauss for being a bad influence where does that leave Stokes?
To me Stauss sounds like he's a racist idiot because he doesn't like Kevin Pieterson.
Stokesy would be just as shitty as what KP was with Strauss if he was given the arse from England.

I hold Ben Stokes in high regard as he's a favourite opposition cricketer. He's awesome can bowl, bat and field.
People don't realise that he originally was from new zealand. Didn't get a chance there and went over to England. He could have played for Australia. But had the same issues.

I hold Ben Stokes in high regard as he's a favourite opposition cricketer. He's awesome can bowl, bat and field.
People don't realise that he originally was from new zealand. Didn't get a chance there and went over to England. He could have played for Australia. But had the same issues.
You may be right, he probably didn't get a chance in NZ at the age of 12, when he moved to England.

Back