Player Movements & Rumours 2016/17

Just heard on the news that with the duel train line going in from Greensborough to Hurstbrigde, the old Eltham trestle bridge won't be used, but will be left standing with a new bridge build next to it. Depending on where it's put, the Eltham boys might lose their nets and some of the car park. Certainly the community center might be in trouble as it sits right on the rail line.

Just heard on the news that with the duel train line going in from Greensborough to Hurstbrigde, the old Eltham trestle bridge won't be used, but will be left standing with a new bridge build next to it. Depending on where it's put, the Eltham boys might lose their nets and some of the car park. Certainly the community center might be in trouble as it sits right on the rail line.

The community centre is about 400 metres away, so i reckon its pretty safe.

I see RMIT have fixed up their front footy oval on Plenty Road, no cricket pitch in it as yet but I wonder who might go about seeing if they'd put one in; a team or the DVCA? I only bring it up as there seems to always be a shortage of grounds, be a shame to have one like that so close to a few teams sit idle in summer.

I see RMIT have fixed up their front footy oval on Plenty Road, no cricket pitch in it as yet but I wonder who might go about seeing if they'd put one in; a team or the DVCA? I only bring it up as there seems to always be a shortage of grounds, be a shame to have one like that so close to a few teams sit idle in summer.
I believe they will be building club rooms too which would make that ground very appealing to certain clubs!

For footy I bet, I reckon you could negotiate that rate down substantially for summer.
Yeah and considering most football clubs need grounds form mid Nov til xmas then again from late Jan til mid march that'll mean there will be more demand in cricket season than footy season i reckon

Baker signed on again with NEW, Tom Burton coaching Mazenod Old Collegians Clubs and Macaulay has signed on again with Mernda and opted against joining his (7th?) club. Only other person that a lot of people on here seem to obsess themselves within the off season in this thread is G. Turner, who hardly set the world on fire last season with the Panthers.

Baker signed on again with NEW, Tom Burton coaching Mazenod Old Collegians Clubs and Macaulay has signed on again with Mernda and opted against joining his (7th?) club. Only other person that a lot of people on here seem to obsess themselves within the off season in this thread is G. Turner, who hardly set the world on fire last season with the Panthers.

Burton taking Mazenod down to another level....who is this Macaulay seriously...why is he signing? so people know who he is?? Only time I've ever seen his name is on big cricket! is he really an actual person?

Burton taking Mazenod down to another level....who is this Macaulay seriously...why is he signing? so people know who he is?? Only time I've ever seen his name is on big cricket! is he really an actual person?
I was at pains to bring up his name but seeing as though everyone seems to this time of the year I thought I'd try and nip the rumour mill in the bud.

Burton playing Z grade at Mazenod haha, mercenary if I have ever seen one.

Macaulay, junk cricketer and even bigger mercenary than Burton if possible.

who is this Macaulay seriously...why is he signing? so people know who he is?? Only time I've ever seen his name is on big cricket! is he really an actual person?
Burton playing Z grade at Mazenod haha, mercenary if I have ever seen one.

Macaulay, junk cricketer and even bigger mercenary than Burton if possible.

Hey I wish I could get paid to average under 20 with the bat!

Yeah and considering most football clubs need grounds form mid Nov til xmas then again from late Jan til mid march that'll mean there will be more demand in cricket season than footy season i reckon

The ground at RMIT has been re-developed for women's footy. Diamond Creek girls played a praccy game there a while back.
If they build clubrooms there, then it would be great for cricket...
Just a shame none of the clubs in our area have enough players / teams to use it...

I was at Cramer st yesterday and overheard a conversation that a couple of young Lower Plenty CC ones players have made the move to the Collegians. I didn’t catch any names, so could well be duds but I got the impression Lower are disappointed.

Back