Player Movements & Rumours 2016/17

Yeah and considering most football clubs need grounds form mid Nov til xmas then again from late Jan til mid march that'll mean there will be more demand in cricket season than footy season i reckon

The ground at RMIT has been re-developed for women's footy. Diamond Creek girls played a praccy game there a while back.
If they build clubrooms there, then it would be great for cricket...
Just a shame none of the clubs in our area have enough players / teams to use it...

I was at Cramer st yesterday and overheard a conversation that a couple of young Lower Plenty CC ones players have made the move to the Collegians. I didn’t catch any names, so could well be duds but I got the impression Lower are disappointed.

Gardiner racking up another club?
Wouldn`t have thought Gardiner was young. But it wouldn`t surprise anyone on here if he did pop up down at Mernda with his mate. Have heard of some ridiculous money being offered to some average park cricketers to move clubs, can`t see the science behind it as most clubs in the northern areas will struggle to survive if they have to pay for average at best players. Lets face it in Money and Mash how many players are worth more than travelling money?

Have heard of some ridiculous money being offered to some average park cricketers to move clubs, can`t see the science behind it as most clubs in the northern areas will struggle to survive if they have to pay for average at best players. Lets face it in Money and Mash how many players are worth more than travelling money?

None, not a single player. I'd even question 98% of BS players too. If you are any good, you wouldn't be still playing in the DVCA. I've always been an advocate of trying to improve players that you have. Take the money you would otherwise waste on mediocrity and spend it on other items. I'm not opposed to tipping a bit more cash into a good coach, but they need to be more than just a training organiser, they need to be able to genuinely improve player skills. I think committees throw money at players because it's the easy option, improving players skill is hard and takes real thought and action.

As my old man says; the worst people to run a cricket club, are cricketers!

None, not a single player. I'd even question 98% of BS players too. If you are any good, you wouldn't be still playing in the DVCA. I've always been an advocate of trying to improve players that you have. Take the money you would otherwise waste on mediocrity and spend it on other items. I'm not opposed to tipping a bit more cash into a good coach, but they need to be more than just a training organiser, they need to be able to genuinely improve player skills. I think committees throw money at players because it's the easy option, improving players skill is hard and takes real thought and action.

This is one of the most sensible posts I have seen on this forum and I reckon your old man is a wise man.

I've heard of many clubs paying players match payments, rather than incentives which unless you are in the top 2% of players in MS/BS (taking 25 + wickets, 400 + runs mot seasons) is complete madness. It's funny the clubs you hear about which do this generally don't feature in March.
I don't have a problem with clubs paying incentives if they are warranted for the individual player and the team goes well.

I can live with a few incentives, pretty sure my club offers incentives for the 1's, although I couldn't tell you what they actually are.

I can live with a few incentives, pretty sure my club offers incentives for the 1's, although I couldn't tell you what they actually are.

Any truth that you will be able to dictate exactly how you club operates after Flacky has stepped down? Big shoes to fill, as an outsider looking in, he, along with a few others no doubt, have done a great job

Back