Subbies Thread

Expect a few more announcements form South sides soon. Clearly the dominant division.

Agree that South Group are the strongest, though for a large part is due to Caulfield and Oakleigh. Other sides in the group like Elsternwick will see some big improvement by signing two decent quicks, I'm sure Brighton will have an announcement soon... whats the mail on malvern and ormond?

Agree that South Group are the strongest, though for a large part is due to Caulfield and Oakleigh. Other sides in the group like Elsternwick will see some big improvement by signing two decent quicks, I'm sure Brighton will have an announcement soon... whats the mail on malvern and ormond?
Ex Brighton Pom Jason McNally appointed C/C of SECA club BUCC.

Poaching is when a player is enticed, probably by money, to go from say, ANA to Uniting. Young kids going from hard wicket to turf are invited.
They are invited to play rep cricket [ Craig Shield ] etc, not to then be conned into changing clubs with the premise of brainwashing them into the '' play turf scenario '' while they are still juniors. Maybe you should use say Uniting to Ormond ????????????

They are invited to play rep cricket [ Craig Shield ] etc, not to then be conned into changing clubs with the premise of brainwashing them into the '' play turf scenario '' while they are still juniors. Maybe you should use say Uniting to Ormond ????????????

Thank goodness someone conned Bradman, Ponting, Lillee, the Chappells etc into "playing" turf

Turfie you are making a habit of deleting your posts. Why the regret on Beshara? I think I would rather have Grenville at my club than Beshara. Actually, I would rather have neither even if it meant finishing bottom.

I have had the misfortune of dealing with Grenville and witnessed Beshara totally losing self control v Yarraville a few seasons ago being reported for his efforts. Neither should be considered by a struggling club.

It's not a subject, it's reality. Be nice when they leave, 95% are back in 3 to 5 years, make sure they know they are welcome back.
Subbies clubs must be well run if they chew up and spit out 95% of their junior recruits within 3-5 years.
Which logically, of course, means that on a rolling basis, that's the percentage they are spitting out every season.
It seems pretty wasteful, not to say unlikely.
But you would know the turnover rates of Subbies clubs better than me.
If nothing else, it's useful information to hand on to juniors who are considering one of those "invitations".

Subbies clubs must be well run if they chew up and spit out 95% of their junior recruits within 3-5 years.
Which logically, of course, means that on a rolling basis, that's the percentage they are spitting out every season.
It seems pretty wasteful, not to say unlikely.
But you would know the turnover rates of Subbies clubs better than me.
If nothing else, it's useful information to hand on to juniors who are considering one of those "invitations".

95% in 3-5 years is right for Premier cricket. Some go from hard wicket straight to Premier, others have a year or two in Subbies then head to Premier. DVCA seems to produce plenty of good turf cricketers despite your efforts.

QUOTE="winki pop, post: 590166, member: 13761"]Ormond continuing to try and poach young blokes from SECA, especially the one's that play in their Hatch Team.[/QUOTE]

TC has posted Ormond are after ''anything that moves'' and I note it last season finished last in the 3rds and 12th in the 4ths. The vibes I am getting from you Bayside folk about this club do not read well. RTG earlier posted it will benefit from its active recruitment of Craig Shield players. Maybe, maybe not.

95% in 3-5 years is right for Premier cricket. Some go from hard wicket straight to Premier, others have a year or two in Subbies then head to Premier. DVCA seems to produce plenty of good turf cricketers despite your efforts.
I reckon 95% is well over even for a premier club - which would obviously have the highest turnover of players. On squads of 60, 95% is 57 players - so are you saying that only 3 will be there 5 years later? I was at a premier club 9 seasons ago and there’d be at least 8-10 guys still playing at the club.

I reckon 95% is well over even for a premier club - which would obviously have the highest turnover of players. On squads of 60, 95% is 57 players - so are you saying that only 3 will be there 5 years later? I was at a premier club 9 seasons ago and there’d be at least 8-10 guys still playing at the club.

Probably varies from Premier club to club and I am limiting my comments to kids aged 15- 17 that leave their hard wicket clubs for turf that SECA (and it seems DVCA) clubs are so sore about.

Back