2010/'11 GCA Promotion/Relegation

Re: 2010/'11 GCA Promotion/Relegation

after league AGM but seems to take ages, based on last season and going through it. It's never transparant, club championship points easy enough but how they assess the other 50% is a bit dodgey in my view, they should show everyone complete break down on how it works but they wont. It's still amazing City have not been dropped down finishing near the bottom 3 years in a row now, Newtown were way ahead of city on 3 year roll ave. Based on that and have excellent ground and room Newtown they should be safe and city go down. Other 2 Div is straight up and down, no rolling ave. so top club up, bottom down...just need to waite on the other 50% on ground, rooms, fines, paper work etc. St. Albans should be up and I reckon we Dino's just snuck ahead of Bell Park by not much

It should be based around on field performance only. the rest of the secret criteria has all been introduced so the GCA can look after who they like when it suits them. This is fact and is the sole reason why certain members of the cricket community refuse to have anything to do with the GCA. They are a corrupt joke with their own agenda, the sooner they are outed and a transparent committee replaces them the better.

Wish you hadnt started me hard hitter, but i just cant help myself:p

Hard Hitter;395858 said:
after league AGM but seems to take ages, based on last season and going through it. It's never transparant, club championship points easy enough but how they assess the other 50% is a bit dodgey in my view, they should show everyone complete break down on how it works but they wont. It's still amazing City have not been dropped down finishing near the bottom 3 years in a row now, Newtown were way ahead of city on 3 year roll ave. Based on that and have excellent ground and room Newtown they should be safe and city go down. Other 2 Div is straight up and down, no rolling ave. so top club up, bottom down...just need to waite on the other 50% on ground, rooms, fines, paper work etc. St. Albans should be up and I reckon we Dino's just snuck ahead of Bell Park by not much
In saying that with city and Newtown.. Geelong west were 11th on the rolling ave. due to the fact they have no juniors system and the lack of sides they can fill.. soo its anyones guess whos goin to be dropped this year.. I still think City but wouldnt be surprised with Newtown or even West

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;395821 said:
When do we find out the teams that are up and down in each division???

Hard Hitter;395858 said:
after league AGM but seems to take ages, based on last season and going through it.

Last year the ups/downs were probably decided at/by the GCA May management meeting, and advised to clubs in mid-May. The GCA AGM is not till July; they do the draw for the coming season after that meeting, so the gradings are well known by then.

I Bowl Meat Pies;395871 said:
In saying that with city and Newtown.. Geelong West were 11th on the rolling average due to the fact they have no juniors system and the lack of sides they can fill.. so its anyones guess who's going to be dropped this year. I still think City but wouldn't be surprised with Newtown or even West.

The rolling average points that are on the GCA website will be for the 3 seasons prior to this one just completed. Your guess is as good as mine as to what the effect of this season's results would be on it. Maybe N&CCC will still be OK but they couldn't afford many more shit on-field seasons. Still, they reckon they have achieved maximum assessment points for all the off-field areas in at least the last 3 years, so that can't hurt.

My guess (and that's all it is, no idea really) is City to GCA2 and Bell Park to GCA3. The 2 promotions in their places are virtual certainties as we all know.

Division 1 - Geelong West Down
Division 2 - Thomson Up, Bell Park Down
Division 3 - St.Albans Up.

Absolutley stupid promotion system. Have said it for years and will continue to for years to come until something is done about it.
Pretty Basic. Example: If Grovedale for example has 4 teams and the 1st X1 is good enough to play Division 1 then thats were they play. If there 2nds arn't quite good enough for Division 1 then they play in there respected Division. And so on and so forth. Basically the stronger the club by playing Division 1 then more points you obtain by winning. Any Divison 1 1st XI team that wins gets however many points eg; 24. If a Division 2 1st XI team wins they get 12. I think im getting the point accross. The reason why N&CCC are getting through every season is because there 2nds, 3rds and 4ths are keeping them there. If you ask me if the 1st XI isn't good enough to win a game in 3 years then alarm bells should be going off saying well either improve or get down a Division. Correct me if im wrong but should'nt the best cricketers in Geelong be playing at the highest level NOT the best club playing at the highest level. That goes for any club, if you can't compete then compete were you can. Nobody wants to play for a club that gets smashed every week or every year. Simple Promotion relagation based on were you finish on the ladder. I think i learnt what up and down means in Prep at good old St.Margarets. Send the GCA back to primary school to understand and keep it F*&^Kin SIMPLE. Sorry had to say something

Watching Closely;396394 said:

i agree with ya watching closely, but are you telling us that west are gonna be div 2, not bloody possible surely.

crktluva;396406 said:

i agree with ya watching closely, but are you telling us that west are gonna be div 2, not bloody possible surely.

Ask yourself that question again crktluva??? :D I heard last season they only were just beaten by the Old Dino's. (5 points) That would have been a shake up after winning the flag. . . It happens just waiting to see if it happens again?

Bell Post Hill after winning a flag? Ring any bells.

The GCA does what it wants always have. They have been a vast improvement on recent years. Finally they are getting out of the tradition bull shit they kept themselves in for so long. My god England is the most traditional place in the world for cricket and they only work on bottom side relagated top side Association Champion. How bloody hard is it.
Stuff the GCA they need to pull there finger out and stop giving clubs excuses to hide behind there names. IF THERE NO GOOD F%^&K THEM OFF . . . . .

All clubs will have received their assessment points yesterday and have until the end of next week to put in any please explains on them. There are points which are clear cut, ie. are measurable with figures, etc, but then a couple are not really measurable and are based on someones opinion and if that opinion is not consistent across all the clubs then this can make a difference on the assessment a club gets. The majority of the assessment seems to work, I am just not convinced with the non-measurable ones !!

im loving ya work watching closely:D. its about time someone other than me bagged the GCA for being the useless incompetent secretive morons that they are and have clearly been for years.

Absolutley stupid promotion system. Have said it for years and will continue to for years to come until something is done about it.
Pretty Basic. Example: If Grovedale for example has 4 teams and the 1st X1 is good enough to play Division 1 then thats were they play. If there 2nds arn't quite good enough for Division 1 then they play in there respected Division. And so on and so forth. Basically the stronger the club by playing Division 1 then more points you obtain by winning. Any Divison 1 1st XI team that wins gets however many points eg; 24. If a Division 2 1st XI team wins they get 12. I think im getting the point accross. The reason why N&CCC are getting through every season is because there 2nds, 3rds and 4ths are keeping them there. If you ask me if the 1st XI isn't good enough to win a game in 3 years then alarm bells should be going off saying well either improve or get down a Division. Correct me if im wrong but should'nt the best cricketers in Geelong be playing at the highest level NOT the best club playing at the highest level. That goes for any club, if you can't compete then compete were you can. Nobody wants to play for a club that gets smashed every week or every year. Simple Promotion relagation based on were you finish on the ladder. I think i learnt what up and down means in Prep at good old St.Margarets. Send the GCA back to primary school to understand and keep it F*&^Kin SIMPLE. Sorry had to say something

West would be 200-1 to go down.

Find out officially in two-weeks apparently, I know we got full points in off field criteria and only missed out on a perfect score overall by our 3rds having a rain affected draw earlier in the year.

I'd say City will swap with Thomson in div1
St Albans and Bell Park to swap in the lower divs.

I do reckon there should be a running table on promotion/relegation during the season so everyone knows where they're at, could make for some interest for lower sides late in the year similar to English soccer.

I still think City should go down from Divy 1
Thomson & St.Albans will go up no doubt about that one.
Heard a wisper today.....Newtown down and North Shore down. :eek:

As I said I believe City should be down over 3 year ave.

So either North Shore or Bell Park to divy 3. It appears the Dino's are safe...Just ;)

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;396520 said:

Find out officially in two-weeks apparently, I know we got full points in off field criteria and only missed out on a perfect score overall by our 3rds having a rain affected draw earlier in the year.

The fact that they penalised you for having a rain effected draw is a bloody joke, its not like you made it rain, so why penalise, dickheads.

I do reckon there should be a running table on promotion/relegation during the season so everyone knows where they're at, could make for some interest for lower sides late in the year similar to English soccer.

Because of the subjective (in parts) system used, that would be impossible. Refer CheerCheer's post earlier on this thread; some of the points awarded are based on the opinions of GCA management (or members thereof) at the end of the season and can't be measured during the season.

Hard Hitter;396549 said:
Heard a wisper today.....Newtown down and North Shore down. As I said I believe City should be down over 3 year ave. So either North Shore or Bell Park to divy 3. It appears the Dino's are safe...Just.

You would think most clubs, especially in GCA1, ought to get close to full points on the 50% or so that you earn for off-field stuff, so the on-field will probably be the thing that counts in the end. Would be very surprised if that resulted in Newtown going down, seeing as GCA1 uses the 3-year rolling average. Newtown have scored more club championship points than City (just) over the last 3 years. The other thing that might affect City is not having their ground available this season means they might not earn some of the discretionary points in the section of the assessment that deals with grounds (the "over and above basic requirements" section).

Would also think Bell Park not North Shore are most at risk in GCA2 as the 3-year rolling average does not apply (I think) in GCA2, and they and NDSC were a fair way behind everyone else in the GCA2 club championship.

crktluva;396573The fact that they penalised you for having a rain effected draw is a bloody joke said:
Wouldn't have been a penalty - you share club championship points with your opponents when a match is drawn due to rain, and that then flows thru to the "club playing performance" section of the assessment.

[crktluva] The fact that they penalised you for having a rain effected draw is a bloody joke, its not like you made it rain, so why penalise, dickheads.

We got full points for off field, the point came off our club championship. The perfect score I meant was that the 1sts and 2nds won every game during the season and the 3rds won all bar the draw (excluding finals obviously which mustn't count).

I'd say City will swap with Thomson in div1
St Albans and Bell Park to swap in the lower divs.

If ur giving odds off 200-1..... can i have 10 bucks on it:p

I understand that last Friday night Geelong City Cricket Club received the phone call they had been dreading for the past few years! They have been relegated to Div 2.

fineleg2fineleg;398337 said:
I understand that last Friday night Geelong City Cricket Club received the phone call they had been dreading for the past few years! They have been relegated to Div 2.

Yes I believe this to be true. Thomson went up and Bell Park down to Divy 3 and St.Albans up divy 2...so no suprises really, pretty much the way eveyone expected. ;)

So now clubs that were in the zone can appoint CC's and recruit with confidence.........so anyone have any confirmed news. Nothing at Dino's yet, but I hear close to signing a few players. Haven't been given names but watch this space. :eek:

have heard a few whispers....nothing concrete but....expect newtown to recruit heavily this year, not that it means much but they are cashed up and know that this is it basically...if nothing changes this year the two blues will be in div 2.....possibly a geelong recruit or 3??

bphpanther;398763 said:
have heard a few whispers....nothing concrete but....expect newtown to recruit heavily this year, not that it means much but they are cashed up and know that this is it basically...if nothing changes this year the two blues will be in div 2.....possibly a geelong recruit or 3??

Thommo is also using his connections with the various Barwon Rockets squads to enable N&CCC to make a few phone calls.

Back