2014/2015 B And C Grade

Why feel for Research? They have put up some pretty ordinary performances the past couple of years across their top 2 teams. They got relegated from B grade 2 years ago then only won 3 games in C grade last year. Not exactly great form. Probably more of a D grade team anyways.
I do agree that plenty valley provide little to the competition.
By that logic plenty valley are probably more an E-grade team. The reason to feel for Research is that they shouldn't be getting relegated by a last minute directive for the DVCA. It isn't punative, and its to bring up an uncompetitive, undeserving side who have no business working their way up the grades on current form.

Why feel for Research? They have put up some pretty ordinary performances the past couple of years across their top 2 teams. They got relegated from B grade 2 years ago then only won 3 games in C grade last year. Not exactly great form. Probably more of a D grade team anyways.
I do agree that plenty valley provide little to the competition.
I'd like to think of you do enough to avoid relegation with the amount of kids we pushed through that side, then you shouldn't be punished. I don't care if we finish second or 3rd last, it's about developing kids at the highest level you can and this decision has just made our job harder.

I'd like to think of you do enough to avoid relegation with the amount of kids we pushed through that side, then you shouldn't be punished. I don't care if we finish second or 3rd last, it's about developing kids at the highest level you can and this decision has just made our job harder.
At least now your kids will have an opportunity to develop in a grade more suitable to their ability and where they will be more competitive

Would you sign it Captain?

I'm not the new formats biggest fan, I'll say that.

I can't see why, if they're restructuring the whole comp and putting sides in and out of different grades anyway, that they can't strip it right back and come up with a format that gives us, at least, an even draw. None of the options put forward to clubs last year gave an even draw (which would be my main priority if it were up to me). Some where closer than others, but there was no clear stand out. There were good and bad parts in all the options, we could have merged 2 or 3 and had an almost perfect format. Instead we've got a new format, no fairer than what's already in place, with the only objective being 3 Shield grades with all 1st XI teams playing.

Little bit of 'can't see the forest for the trees' in my opinion.

Define "fair". A purely fair and even competition is where every game ends in a draw and we're all winners like in Modified grade for the kids. No matter what format you come up with, there's going to be a winner and a wooden spoon.

Define "fair". A purely fair and even competition is where every game ends in a draw and we're all winners like in Modified grade for the kids. No matter what format you come up with, there's going to be a winner and a wooden spoon.

That's a purely even "competition", not a a purely fair competition. They are two completely different things.

I'm not the new formats biggest fan, I'll say that.

I can't see why, if they're restructuring the whole comp and putting sides in and out of different grades anyway, that they can't strip it right back and come up with a format that gives us, at least, an even draw. None of the options put forward to clubs last year gave an even draw (which would be my main priority if it were up to me). Some where closer than others, but there was no clear stand out. There were good and bad parts in all the options, we could have merged 2 or 3 and had an almost perfect format. Instead we've got a new format, no fairer than what's already in place, with the only objective being 3 Shield grades with all 1st XI teams playing.

Little bit of 'can't see the forest for the trees' in my opinion.

A question to all you blokes that have a better system and think that the DVCA Executive is doing a bad job.
How many of you are on your clubs committee or executive? How many of you attend DVCA Exec meetings? How many of you provided feedback to either your club or the DVCA Exec when this new format was put on the table for discussion?

I would think that the answers to these are in the Negative.

The DVCA asked all 28 clubs for feedback on the biggest change to take place in the comp for a long time, and how many clubs provided feedback? 13. A disgraceful amount when you consider all the negative talk that is happening. But as has been mentioned before, if you want to have a voice, or make a difference, do something about it. Get on your committee, attend meetings, ask questions, get information, provide feedback, or else what is going to happen, the DVCA Exec is going to make decisions for all of us, based on what, their beliefs, and the only way to change that is to provide your own.

We do not agree that the 10 team format is the best solution, and did put forward our options (to have a 8 / 10 / 10 3 tiered comp) which was knocked down and the explanations that were given were understandable and just. Maybe if more voices were heard, a different solution could have been implemented.

I feel for Research, and also think that Plenty Valley are not doing enough, but have been told that more will be expected from them in terms of the standard of team that they will enter.

Best solution for Research, go down, dominate that grade, teach the kids how to win, and go up a grade the following year based on ladder positions across all grades.

A question to all you blokes that have a better system and think that the DVCA Executive is doing a bad job.
How many of you are on your clubs committee or executive? How many of you attend DVCA Exec meetings? How many of you provided feedback to either your club or the DVCA Exec when this new format was put on the table for discussion?

I would think that the answers to these are in the Negative.

How could the answer to that question be in the negative. It would either have to be zero or a positive number.

Back