Bundoora
Plenty
OP
Lwr Eltham
Bund United

Top 4 is pretty straight forward
Mernda will be no pushovers.

Last edited:
Geeze Frank, that's a bit harsh having us holding the wooden spoon, especially after being far from disgraced in our first season of BS in many years.

Stick to selling tiles.... You're drunk frank

Only an opinion mate,how about you give us your ladder prediction.
Think you guys will struggle as you've lost quality bowlers and only Johnson and connely who can consistently make runs.
Blackhawk,BU had a good year but have lost bats and only have one decent bowler in Barnett. Am hearing OP new coach may now not play all season, can anyone confirm?

Blackhawk,BU had a good year but have lost bats and only have one decent bowler in Barnett. Am hearing OP new coach may now not play all season, can anyone confirm?

Although we have lost a couple of important batsman, I think we have the depth there to cover it. No one is irreplaceable.

OP coach was never playing this season due to a buggered knee, hence why he was originally appointed coach.

I still can't fathom how 3 will be relegated this year yet Money Shield premiers gain promotion. I like the idea of the restructure but is there a fairer system?
Realistically 3rd last could still be vying for a finals berth come last round of the year yet find themselves in divvy 2

I still can't fathom how 3 will be relegated this year yet Money Shield premiers gain promotion. I like the idea of the restructure but is there a fairer system?
Realistically 3rd last could still be vying for a finals berth come last round of the year yet find themselves in divvy 2

I doubt that it is in fact realistic to think that the result of the last game would make the difference between finishing 4th and 10th. It would take a pretty unusual set of circumstances.
However, the 10th team is going to be relegated every season from now on, not just this coming season, so even if your scenario were realistic, it's going to apply every season. In that case, why should this season be different to all future seasons?
It will also be the same in all grades this season, so the logical consequence of your suggestion would be no promotion for any Premiers this season.
The real issue, surely, is the reduction from 12 teams to 10 per grade.

I doubt that it is in fact realistic to think that the result of the last game would make the difference between finishing 4th and 10th. It would take a pretty unusual set of circumstances.
However, the 10th team is going to be relegated every season from now on, not just this coming season, so even if your scenario were realistic, it's going to apply every season. In that case, why should this season be different to all future seasons?
It will also be the same in all grades this season, so the logical consequence of your suggestion would be no promotion for any Premiers this season.
The real issue, surely, is the reduction from 12 teams to 10 per grade.

Agree, it should be to an 8 team grade. Elite competition, playing each side twice, home and away, fair draw, people would be following with very close interest and rivalries would be elevated to a much higher status.

No promotion from Money this year
And have half of Money shield play for nothing this year?? I think they've done it the correct way. Clubs have had plenty of time to plan for this. So bad luck.

And the side that comes up, will find it harder than ever to stay up, if they're not good enough they'll go straight back down, the best club in Money will come up, and it will have reached a happy equilibrium. 1 or 2 seasons after the restructure.

I don't see how any of this is unfair.

Agree, it should be to an 8 team grade. Elite competition, playing each side twice, home and away, fair draw, people would be following with very close interest and rivalries would be elevated to a much higher status.

Agree that an 8 team comp works better, however, at this stage we are only going to 10

Asssuming a 10 team comp fixture will still have 11 rounds will work out 9 x 2 day matches and 2 x 1 day matches (which will means you will play 2 teams twice) 20 playing days. Is it better to have an uneven draw or think outside the square and play a 9 round season with an extra week of finals?? Much like the finals in footy.

(assume higher ranked team wins)
week 1 - Sat/Sun
1 v 2
3 v 4

week 2 - Sat/Sat
2 v 3

week 3 - Sat/Sat
1 v 2

Pros - even draw, rewards the top 2 teams with a double chance, allows all other members/players of club to attend the 2nd day of 1st week of the finals

Cons - 2 less days of cricket for 44 players who don't make finals & clubs would need to be receptive to change (not something that's done easily)

Agree that an 8 team comp works better, however, at this stage we are only going to 10

Asssuming a 10 team comp fixture will still have 11 rounds will work out 9 x 2 day matches and 2 x 1 day matches (which will means you will play 2 teams twice) 20 playing days. Is it better to have an uneven draw or think outside the square and play a 9 round season with an extra week of finals?? Much like the finals in footy.

(assume higher ranked team wins)
week 1 - Sat/Sun
1 v 2
3 v 4

week 2 - Sat/Sat
2 v 3

week 3 - Sat/Sat
1 v 2

Pros - even draw, rewards the top 2 teams with a double chance, allows all other members/players of club to attend the 2nd day of 1st week of the finals

Cons - 2 less days of cricket for 44 players who don't make finals & clubs would need to be receptive to change (not something that's done easily)
Great idea, and excellent out of the box thinking. Not revoloutionary, but creates a fair draw and others can come and get right in to the finals.

To make up for the loss of 2 days of cricket, surely a DVCA only T20 comp could be scheduled over two weeks, played on main grounds on each Saturday (round robin on 3 geographically close clubs - home clubs make some money (location then changed the following year) and it is a fun day to have families, sponsors and supporters [past players days] at the club, and then the top 4 ranked play off in 2 semis and a final at the one ground on the second Sunday. Great advertisement for the rest of the lower grades to come and watch, kids would love it and a great money spinner for the comp - which could be filtered back in to the clubs.

But hey, we can't change things to include kids / money making opportunities and fun.

Back