2014/2015 Barclay Shield

I reckon have an uneven draw, but try to make up for this uneveness by having a points based system on the degree of difficultiness of the opponent. How do you define the difficulty, based on seedings for previous season.

For eg. Still have 20 days (as i think we do atm) in H/a season.

So with 10 teams, you play each team twice. 18 days, the other 2 days one dayers, against teams u have already played against.
How do you define that. Say u give 12 point to team that finished first last year, and 1 point to team that finished last or MS premiers. So make it so that on average each team plays an average 6-7 points over 2 rounds. Either u play last years premiers and team that finished lowest, or 2 mid table teams.

Yes i know team's performance fluctuate each year, but atleast with this 'method' we have a justification for our draw instead of ppl whingeing about an uneven draw.

I reckon have an uneven draw, but try to make up for this uneveness by having a points based system on the degree of difficultiness of the opponent. How do you define the difficulty, based on seedings for previous season.

So with 10 teams, you play each team twice. 18 days, the other 2 days one dayers, against teams u have already played against.
How do you define that. Say u give 12 point to team that finished first last year, and 1 point to team that finished last or MS premiers. So make it so that on average each team plays an average 6-7 points over 2 rounds. Either u play last years premiers and team that finished lowest, or 2 mid table teams.

Yes i know team's performance fluctuate each year, but atleast with this 'method' we have a justification for our draw instead of ppl whingeing about an uneven draw.

Why don't you run this past the Fixtures Manager, and see what he says?:p

....and then multiply the points allocation by the number of spanners in a Sidchrome tool kit?

Ok i didnt make my post clearly. Simple rank the teams from previous seasons (1-12), then try to give everyone the same points opposition for the round where they play a team for the second time that year. Its not that hard. Then follow this every year.

I am just suggesting an idea for a seeding based system thats all. Exactly how it will go i dont know.

Last edited:
Or we could just play 7 one day and two day games, then there would be no complaining.

2 day cricket is real cricket. one day cricket, sure its good to have it once in a while but half of games being one dayers is far too much imo. And plus it affects ur form, from switching forms every 2nd week i want some continuity in my game.

So you play the one day matches first, then the two day ones. That'll be one less switch between match styles than we have this season.

Agree, it should be to an 8 team grade. Elite competition, playing each side twice, home and away, fair draw, people would be following with very close interest and rivalries would be elevated to a much higher status.

Yes agree for Barclay Shield - either leave as 12 teams or go all the way down to 8. 10 just doesnt work.
The argument against 8 teams and playing 21 days was that no one wanted to play on sundays....then wtf... all grades are playing a sunday game this year anyway... no consistency in the thought process.

The other idea behind the restructure was for B grade and below to be evened up again, which has been a mess since the intro of the last 3 new teams.
However if we moved to BS 8, MS 8, 3rd shield 8 and then 4 in B grade it wouldnt be that bad.
With the sound of things, Camrea are just about gone and Plenty Valley shouldnt be in the mix anyway so in reality might only have 2 'A' teams in the B grade but they would be the 25th & 26th ranked 'A' teams so how strong would they be...in comparison to the B teams...?

Any chance of your ladder for the year premiers again? It's unlike you to not have something to say. WAKE THE F$$$$$$ Up!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Back