About time i got a new video

phil2oo8

About time i got a new video

YouTube - Shoulder feels weird again, just not sore?

yer there u go,,, i feel like my actions been lazy over last few weeks and i dont know if this is from me trying to flick my wrist on release like mcgrath?... my shoulder was feeling weird last week, not sore just a bit weak, and when i look at my action like that it looks really bad..... its getting annoying now....

What do you think?
What should i make priority to get right now that i've got 1 last net before season?

Re: About time i got a new video

depends on weather next week,,, i'll try though, in case i can;t can u tell me anything from this video

I'm not sure about the weak shoulder thing, perhaps Liz can shed some light on it?

It's hard to tell much from the video but things seem solid enough. Your action is smooth and although you could probably follow through more you cant off a couple of paces in an alley.

Thie biggest issue is your set up here:

3411516368_340b6941b6.jpg

compare the line of your shoulders and hips to this one and you see you are very open:

3411516612_ff35debbd1.jpg

This is OK but makes it harder to line up accurately as your body tends to follow your elbow line. SO point your non bowling elbow more towards the target.

Oh yer, iv never noticed that before,,,, i think that might be why i over compensate my pushing the ball inwards 2 counter the natural pull down to off,,,, I'll have a net 2moro now.... on a complete and utter tangent, we were told go do maintenance at our club this morning ready for the season, so i went litter picking around boundary edge and some ****ed up heroin addict had dumped there needle just inside were the boundary would be :mad: now if one thing pisses me off it things like that, not only are the selfish tits killing themeselves and scrounging off soceity the messed up idiots don't think that kids are goin 2 play cricket on the outfield or if there had been a game and someone had dove into stop the ball, WHY should decent people playing sport they like have to worry of catching AID's from some sick little junkie......

Sorry about the rant but you have to agree its a good example of broken britain.

i have a bit of the same problem, after some games my shoulder is sore but after others it just feels weak. this is because i have a very slinging action. i cant see it from your video very well, i need to see it side on. i just had my action fixed so that it would stop hurting my shoulder. im not sure if it applies to you, are you slinging the ball, ie do you get your arm momentum from thrusting your chest through and down the action and sort of let your arm fly through. i do this and dont use my shoulder for any power at all, my arm slingshots through. this isnt very good on your body, like what happened with jeff thompsons action basically forcing him into retirement. to fix this i was told and have used since is forcing myself to use my bicep a little more and use that to drive my arm forward instead of just my body momentum. i dont know if it makes much sense but just try tightening your bicep and use it to push you arm and ball through as well as momentum. if this isnt your problem then it might actually make it hurt more, but there is no harm in trying it to see if it works.

also experiment in turning a little more side-on or front-on. i myself dont like front-on bowling, just my opinion, but some people just have to bowl like that. you are sort of in the middle between front-on and side-on at a more diagonal. look at your feet in the video. the front one is forced around at a strange angle and the back one is not either completely parallel and sideways with it like it should be for side-on bowling, or more pointing almost straight and slightly out of line from the front foot for front-on bowling. yours is more stuck out the side at a strange angle, so experiment with different foot placings. also with the length of your delivery stride, its not very long, so try lengthening it a bit to see what happens. hope i could help, but a video of your action from the side would be good.

just a question, are you are a fast bowler, or more a medium-fast/medium bowler? when you judge yourself against fellow bowlers in your team/comp or friends or whatever

16 years old and fastest in my club, and were a good club. Theres one u16 in the league faster then me. Yer im quite quick, that videos shite to be honest, it doesnt show my follow through at all. Liz and some other coaches have said iv got a mid way action like mcgrath, and yes when i am going full blast i don't go slingy but my action does get more whippy like bonds was.

the main thing is that you dont injure yourself while bowling, because no matter how well you bowl you cant bowl if you dont have a shoulder that rotates.

My personal opinion (and others may disagree) is that your basic action lines up OK so carry on with it.

You could certainly get faster and more accurate with some tweaks but the basic positions are good. I will have a batter idea after seeing a full action.

phil2oo8;344755 said:
and that foot thing is just how i've always done it and when i try and change it i'm really unbalanced when i land, not the best example but look at Flintoffs front foot when he bowl http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/07_03/flintoffPA_468x708.jpg its the opposite way to mine and alot more exaggerated (before people comment i know alan donald has said this is what has done his ankle but its an example)

Flintoff's front foot has changed alot since that picture, it's now perfectly straight. Sticking with an angled front foot means all the pressure and body weight is going through the side of your ankle, and your knee ligaments, putting tremendous strain on your body which ultimately will lead to alot of injuries. The example you used, Flintoff, he had the angled front foot, and now has no bones left in the outside of his ankle, he had so many injuries in his career caused by his front foot. I'd try and sort it out as quickly as possible.

Straight lines are key as well, if you run in straight, your arms come through straight and you follow through straight, where's the ball going to go? I can see you not only having problem with injuries with your current action, but also line. You're going to find it incredibly hard to swing the ball away from the right hander, as your chest and front elbow are pointing to gully almost meaning to get the ball to go straight you're going to have to push it in, like what Stephen Harmison does.

can't swing it away, never could and don't think i ever will, but my main ball angles in with my action then leaves off the pitch, the reason i've never been coached to try and swing the ball away.

That's because of your action, if you get your body straight, your arm coming down straight, and you foot pointing straight down the pitch, you'll be able to swing the ball both ways. I think you could really do with making some changes to your action, as you're never going to be consistent and injury free with an action like yours. Your front foot should be pointing straight down the pitch, as should your front arm. At the moment all your energy is going down towards gully, not where its supposed to be, all your energy and focus should be towards the batsman.

Back