addressing a dissmissed batsman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: addressing a dissmissed batsman

Haha poor people that think in science. :)
You win
but the fact is europe is a boring place. Not one of those places you mentioned of interest was in europe.

Sudden blast at northerners. Us vs them. I like it. Because I just realised we have so much more than any other country i'll continue with it.

But as not a scientist i think you may have misinterpreted a joke.:p

brickwaller99;392599 said:
...But as not a scientist i think you may have misinterpreted a joke.:p

Nah! I was just pulling your leg...

I was born 100 miles north of the equator but I think my signature gives away my nationality ;).

I am not a psycho-therapist either... just a psychological profiler :D.

... just enjoyed playing with you x

Fair enough. but still poor people that think in science. I am a literature student and it messes with my head so i can imagine how a scientist sees the world.

brickwaller99;392709 said:
...I am a literature student ...

Really!

I guess that explains why the the 'entire northern hemisphere' should be read as 'europe', but I would have expected a far more eloquent put down from a literature student :).

Liz Ward;392989 said:
Really!

I guess that explains why the the 'entire northern hemisphere' should be read as 'europe', but I would have expected a far more eloquent put down from a literature student :).

Literature student's definition means 'someone who you can have endless arguments that get absolutely nowhere, make no sense whatsoever and endless hours of hilarity'.

Sorry to say Liz, but so am I :D

endless arguments don't suit scientists unless they are writing discussions. They just get answers even if it leads to another question they still answer it so they actually get all the answers eventually. Lit students have no answers and/or no reality to base any possible answers from so it goes endlessly.
So while the science profession will die out once everyone knows all things science literature never had and never will have a point so it will live forever.

Ah! Well then... just as well I'm a scientist. It allows me to appreciate all diversity and embrace it; no matter what the prognosis, whether physical, physiological, pschological, and even intellectual :p

BTW, the questions will never end... if in any doubt, refer back to Plato on Socrates :D

Perhaps we should start an 'endless arguments' thread before our beloved mod slaps our wrists for going, if not being, off topic!

Or, perhaps we could argue that 'addressing a dismissed batsman' is an 'endless argument'...

The Socratic method is a classic way of advancing knowledge (or as Socrates would contest, making us more aware of our lack of knowledge) through continually asking questions to highlight gaps in our understanding of things. Scientific enquiry follows a similar pattern, to the degree that the Scientific method itself could be seen to have its roots in the Socratic method.

It's also a great way to piss off the aristocracy and get yourself sentenced to death :(

Literature has been known to cause great offense over the years. The Turner diaries, Mein Kampf, The Bible etc etc

EDIT: Getting further off-topic though

hahahaha
The thing is that i'm not actually a literature student. I'm just playing around to annoy any scientists:p

I have a much nobler study of numbers.

brickwaller99;393077 said:
hahahaha
The thing is that i'm not actually a literature student. I'm just playing around to annoy any scientists:p .

Had you been a literature student, you would have realised that Plato on Socrates was literature!

brickwaller99;393077 said:
I have a much nobler study of numbers.

Two of my BSc (Hons) is in mathematics... OMG... you're a scientist :eek:

Whilst I'm loathe to put an end to this most scintilating of debates, I'm afraid I'm going to have to close it. There is an off topic section of this website, should any of you wish to carry on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back