Ajantha Mendis

MasterBlaster

Ajantha Mendis

Looks like he is a very good prospect. I read that he has an average of 14 in first class cricket. The West Indians were all praise for him. They are already comparing him to Murali. Did anyone see him bowl. If so was how good is he? I'm eager to watch him bowl today.

Re: Ajantha Mendis

I didn't watch him bowl but Cricinfo says he bowls googlies, offbreaks, top-spinners, flippers and legbreaks. Thats pretty impressive!

he was impressive. west indians were having trouble reading his balls. i think with all the talk of sri lanka being half the team without murali they'll want mendis to replace murali. i think if he plays a year or two along with murali it will be beneficial for him. he could learn a lot of tricks and might become the next murali.

I've read an article on him but didn't realise his stats were so impressive.

111 wickets in 19 first class games at under 15, is pretty good going and he has a good economy rate as well.

Looks to be a very promising player for the future.

I've seen videos of him on youtube. His action looks somewhat ordinary and unlike that of an orthodox spinner, but he has plenty of tricks in his bag.

I keep meaning to look for some but he must be doing something right to average so low. I guess it'll even put over time but any spinner who has the potential to average in the low to mid 20's is a great find.

Was just watching some videos of this guy on you tube and it's amazing how he bowls. He uses the middle finger to impart spin and in effect bowl a doosra. The best thing about it is that if it doesn't spin as intended, it almost spits at the batsman, still making it very hard to pick and play.

mate whats your problem?
Pakistan isnt the only country that has been tested for drugs,
you see it all the time in all sports so stop acting like pakistan is being singled out.

Back