Analysis

lemmon

Analysis

Hi guys I was wondering if a few of you would be able to take a quick look at this video and offer me any tips, advice etc.
YouTube - cric
There's not heaps of footage and I'll try to film some more but is there anything you guys can see that could be improved.
No matter how large or small I'm willing to hear everything. Thanks for the help

Re: Analysis

First thoughts - you bend your knees too much plus you bounce. This means that you first motion at the ball is upwards, rather than keeping your head still and in line.

Try to straighten the legs a little, so the bend at the knees is less pronounced. This will help you see the ball from one plain of view rather than two or three.

You also seem to topple over when playing the cover drive - hence the 'walk' after playing the shot. This would indicate that you are leading with your head too much, probably as a result of the point mentioned above.

mas cambios;400784 said:
First thoughts - you bend your knees too much plus you bounce. This means that you first motion at the ball is upwards, rather than keeping your head still and in line.

Try to straighten the legs a little, so the bend at the knees is less pronounced. This will help you see the ball from one plain of view rather than two or three.

You also seem to topple over when playing the cover drive - hence the 'walk' after playing the shot. This would indicate that you are leading with your head too much, probably as a result of the point mentioned above.

Thanks a lot for the advice, something that has never been pointed out to me before and definitely something I'll be trying to rectify.
Is there anyone who springs to mind that my technique resembles at all and I would perhaps benefit from watching?

lemmon;400792 said:
Thanks a lot for the advice, something that has never been pointed out to me before and definitely something I'll be trying to rectify.
Is there anyone who springs to mind that my technique resembles at all and I would perhaps benefit from watching?

Graham Gooch perhaps? Tone the movement down a bit so as to keep your head still before ball leaves the bowler. Head still is a good key phrase for batting and bowling

macca;400794 said:
Graham Gooch perhaps? Tone the movement down a bit so as to keep your head still before ball leaves the bowler. Head still is a good key phrase for batting and bowling

Yep thanks heaps, definitely the first thing I'll be working on in the nets

Your follow through also seems non existent. I have been taught to keep the 'diamond' for pretty much all straight bat shots and keep the elbow nice and high. You seem to do what I do quite often and punch at the ball, which I think also then leads into the falling over as stated by Mas.

Boris;400823 said:
Your follow through also seems non existent. I have been taught to keep the 'diamond' for pretty much all straight bat shots and keep the elbow nice and high. You seem to do what I do quite often and punch at the ball, which I think also then leads into the falling over as stated by Mas.
Yep thanks for that, something that has been pointed out to me and something I am working on. Cheers for the insight

Hi guys, its been a while but I would really like to thank you guys for contributing and giving me a hand. Ive had a number of nets and really tried to focus on the things discussed here and have noticed substantial improvement. I'll try and get some more footage asap but the weather hasnt been great lately. Cheers

Back