Should be an interesting season, my predictions

Xavier
Caulfield
MGS
Skevs
Scotch

Let's start and good luck for your school team this season

Re: APS Season 09/10

MGS???? please, they lost both opening bowlers and betts.. thats a big hole to fill. yes they have keath but how much can they rely on him, he cant always drag them over the line.

the rest are fair call. GGS maybe a surprise packet this year? or BGS, all year 10 and 11 this year, might count for something.

just a though

wade for aus;373634 said:
U may be right about MGS, BGS all i see is Drummond and that young red head who opened a bit last year.

is the red head, a bowler. if it is he took 5 fa one day against us. swings it a far bit.

GGS will be a pretty good team, a fair few left in the Vic 17's. Maybe there time is next season though.

noich;373910 said:
HC lost gunston but Sheriff jan jan is in town to replace this massive void

Sheriff Jan Jan??? Never heard of that one before. HC, no chance this year. A little bird told me there is a kid (who is able to play cricket well) is goin to HC on scholarship disguised as an academic scholarship. Shifty much????
BG looking good this year, with Singh swinging the ball a mile and myself batting well. Not a big chance for the premeirship but will be competitive.

Viv;373913 said:
Sheriff Jan Jan??? Never heard of that one before. HC, no chance this year. A little bird told me there is a kid (who is able to play cricket well) is goin to HC on scholarship disguised as an academic scholarship. Shifty much????
BG looking good this year, with Singh swinging the ball a mile and myself batting well. Not a big chance for the premeirship but will be competitive.

what are you on about viv?? sheriff jan jan is this best thing since james pattinson. Watch out APS, the sheriff is in town.

Jan Jan? That guys a massive hack. Can't bat to save himself. Probably couldn't find his way to the middle if it was signposted. HCs hopes of winning this year will solely rest on the big sudonese guy (nailhabo or something).

The Doosra;373932 said:
Jan Jan? That guys a massive hack. Can't bat to save himself. Probably couldn't find his way to the middle if it was signposted. HCs hopes of winning this year will solely rest on the big sudonese guy (nailhabo or something).

Big annoucement, Michael Singh planning a 10 fa against Wesley. Havent heard news on Gotch? Big season???

Viv;373939 said:
Big annoucement, Michael Singh planning a 10 fa against Wesley. Havent heard news on Gotch? Big season???

Gotch playing 2's at melbourne, a fifty and forty so not to bad, expect a solid year from him.
If singh is fit, and thats a big if, he could kill a young lad.
Wesley, who have they got going round?

Should be a very even competition this year i would imagine. From what I hear there are no superstar sides and no easybeats.

dayumm sulli;373951 said:
Gotch playing 2's at melbourne, a fifty and forty so not to bad, expect a solid year from him.
If singh is fit, and thats a big if, he could kill a young lad.
Wesley, who have they got going round?

Wesley are nothing after Jafro, Singh is looking fit for the season ahead and so to Bauer . Big chance of ripping through opposition top orders, including HC's new 'superstar' the sheriff
Any news on some debutants for this weekend???

skevs have 7, 2 blokes who were injured all last year. One's a quickie other is a solid middle order bat. Plus some two's, ten's and a new year 9 who made 3 50's and took 3 5 for's last year. Xavier have a young bloke tom russ, supposed to be very solid and a young keeper tom beaton. Not that great though:)

Haileybury 9/181 (Coleman 89) def by Scotch 4/182 (Jamieson 48)

Coleman's 89 the standout.

By the way, so much for this 'sheriff' bloke. made a scratchy 6 before holing out. looks average at best. expect singh to rip him.

BGS 6-238 (Singh 97, Drummond 69) beat Wesley 10-160 odd. few got starts.Pascoe 0-14 off 10. Zaia 1-20 off 10.

St,Kevins all out 67 and calfield 0-66. game was finished by 1.15. st kevins side with 7 debutants didnt seem to comfortable taking on one of the better sides in caulfied. st.kevins i believe may have a tough year with so many new players, a bit like geelong college and brighton had last year?

scotch going to win this year. solid batting orders and bowling attack. Xavier 2nd. dont kid urself brighton, caulfield or skevs

all sounds good.
We played some useless team, team monash or something.. all out for 111 after bowling everyone except the keeper. Passed them 3 down ended up making 230 in 45 overs
Mahon - crocker opening bowlers are pretty handy.
the others are arn't too bad. just going to struggle for runs, should be a more comeptitve year for carey.

Got HC at HC this week.

Looking foward to the skevs game after that.

Back