APS Season 09/10

Re: APS Season 09/10

stingwilba;376126 said:
The phrase "getting out of jail" suggests that skevs were either,
1. favourites going into the match
2. on top at some stage in the game

Seeing as neither of those were the case, in no way did st kevins get out of jail. you could say they got lucky, but i dont think there was anything lucky about the performance. Wade for Aus and myself are friends, and we were merely mucking around. But it seems quite ironic that you can call me illiterate when you cant even apply a commonly known phrase properly.

there is no shame about dyl getting skevs out of trouble, hes a colt figure around the school, and gave scotch what they had coming with their sheer arrogance. i hope they have a long hard look at their attitude, adjust it, and maybe then have a crack at the premiership.

I would much prefer to play for a team that has everyone contribute with 20's and 30's than play for a one man team, and thanks, good luck to you as well for the two dayers, but as everyone knows luck has nothing to do with it.

Pace (thanks carlos)

For some of the bigger battlers on this site (notably stingwilba, wade for aus and of course noich) i'm going to try and keep things simple for you.

Getting out of jail refers to the fact that skevs won when they shouldn't have (ie instead of them winning the game scotch losing it). The fact they won in the 49th having had a guy make 33 off 18 highlights this, as from my sources I hear they needed a run-a-ball last 10 overs, which of course means that they were in fact 'on top'.

Stingwilba I don't really care, and nor does anyone esle, if conway is a cult, not colt (but good try), figure at st kevins. you mention irony, i must say i find it quite funny you speak about scotch and 'sheer arrogance' when you have blokes the calibre of conway in your side. that's irony.

Your saying that you would "prefer" to play in a side when everyone is making 20s and 30s highlights how little you know. admittedly, that isn't the worse case scenario, however there does need to be at least one player who steps up with the bat and makes a big score, which causes the innings to be centred around him (hence making that player one of, if not the, most important player in the side that week). "The true joy in cricket is experiencing your teammates successes"

Stingwilba you need all the luck you can get champ.

Back to the cricket lads, lets gain some respect back to the forum
Anyhow i have been told of a couple of young bolters from HC, namely O'Toole and Dalton (apprantely one of the better bowlers coming through HC ranks) both debuting this season.
Any word on those two?
Big game this week in Caul and MGS any thoughts? Might be one for the batting fans out there with the likes of Skala, Keath, Woff and Gotch all coming off good scores from last week.
Just packing my kit now for the long trip down to geelong, hopefully we will be able to manage a much better result then our poor 52 last week and anyone from GC to watch for?

Viv;376274 said:
Anyhow i have been told of a couple of young bolters from HC, namely O'Toole and Dalton (apprantely one of the better bowlers coming through HC ranks) both debuting this season.
Any word on those two?
Big game this week in Caul and MGS any thoughts? Might be one for the batting fans out there with the likes of Skala, Keath, Woff and Gotch all coming off good scores from last week.Just packing my kit now for the long trip down to geelong, hopefully we will be able to manage a much better result then our poor 52 last week and anyone from GC to watch for?

yeah MGS vs Caulfield will be a big game. Grammar is coming off a great effort both batting and bowling, all those who have seen Flack park will know that holding a team to 160 odd is a phenomenal effort. MGS have had a much tougher start to the season and that could play to their favour in what should be a close game.

Viv;376274 said:
Any word on those two?
Big game this week in Caul and MGS any thoughts? Might be one for the batting fans out there with the likes of Skala, Keath, Woff and Gotch all coming off good scores from last week.
Just packing my kit now for the long trip down to geelong, hopefully we will be able to manage a much better result then our poor 52 last week and anyone from GC to watch for?

Both O'Toole and Dalton have proven to be handy cricketers in their first two games for haileybury. O'Toole with the bat making 51 n.o last week as a year 8 is a huge effort. Dalton has proven handy being colemans right hand man in the wicket taking.

Viv, serious rap for o'toole. while he obviously lacks strength, the kids got really solid technique and composure. kudos to haileybury for giving him a shot in the top 5. he'll score serious runs in the years to come.
MGS Caul clearly the game of the round, two in-form sides and both very strong with the bat. Tipping MGS in a high scoring affair with keith and gotch to standout. What's skala actually like? obviously sheer weight of runs says he's a good player but i've heard varying reports.

MGS had a great win against Caulfield, dont know much in terms of scores but I do know that Sir Alex Keath made 108 and got 4 wickets and Oscar Jenkins made 96n.o

SKC had a comfortable win against Carey. Bowled them out for 125, Crocker was starting to get going until he was very well run out for 20 odd. Chris Moore took 4 for 30 and coloe 2 for 20. We made the runs 3 wickets down. Staffieri and Cunningham made 25+ and Moorey did it again with 50 no.

We got out of jail big time!!!!! (stingwilba:p)

Viv;375020 said:
Havent heard but reckon HC may beat them this weekend
Which players are ones to look out for in the future from skevs, wade for aus?

Soory Viv, Spence is a very fine young batsmen, trapani can bat well and is a decent bowler, Coloe is a gun seamer and Matt Roberts is a very fine young all rounder.

caufield are deplorable, they talk a lot but we all can recall them getting bundled out for 50 against a scotch medium pace attack....

no surprises with keith dominating today.
wade for aus don't make me laugh. first you laud guys for their 25+'s, again, and now you talk up what i understand to be yourself and your little buddies as the 'future' of st kevins cricket. all this and a pathetic attempt at a snide remark, things sure are looking bright down at st kevs..
Caulfield have proven to be a disappointment so far. As have GGS who my sources tell me where smashed today by scotch.

u take the bait don't you unknown quality. love having ago. those comments of 'got out of jail' and 'but doubtful to win many more.' after last weeks win against scotch speak well now:p

back to the cricket, presuming xavier beat wesley and Haileybury had the bye, who else did well

wade for aus;376578 said:
u take the bait don't you unknown quality. love having ago. those comments of 'got out of jail' and 'but doubtful to win many more.' after last weeks win against scotch speak well now:p

back to the cricket, presuming xavier beat wesley and Haileybury had the bye, who else did well

BGS defeated GC, BGS keeping Geelong to a small total of 151, BGS cruising at 3/125 collapsing to pass GC 8 down,
all focus now turns to CGS next week....

wade for aus;376578 said:

its 'quantity' not 'quality' but i guess thats wat u could call him after the runs he has scored this season already. skevs are no hopers and will get severely done against stronger opposition. mahon is the only standout player for carey. and from wat i remember of moore hes a spud that bowls left arm pies. interesting game yesterday with grammar and caulfield, it seems that caulfield, while having talent, are relying heavily on seb gotch and grammar on keath, jenkins and skala (who was a fair ******* back in the day but may hav come good).

There have been a fews tons here n there and few wkt hauls....
run and wkt tallies from respective schools???

Wade for aus not sure about your literacy capacity, but i understand the word 'many' to mean more than one and last time i checked quantity and quality were two very different things. GB you must have me confused mate.
Disappointing not to see Mahony and his troops get up. Mahon is the carey team, i liken him to coleman, mahon probably a better bat than coleman but coleman is the standout bowler in the comp. Xav beating Wesley, no surprises, from what i hear they did 'get out of jail'. Hannon is proving a genuine all-rounder for xavas. Brighton and GC no surprsies, Brighton should have done it easier, but i don't mind GC, they play simple disciplined cricket. Whats happening with Brighton's self-proclaimed "tonner", plumrigde? Drummond and Singh the two best players for brighton.
Who's this Whittle? legspinner if i remember correctly, clearly a handy bowler with 7 yest. Must be one of the better spinners in the comp with lannigan, gilmour and buchanan. (Wade for aus this isn't a cue to talk up any of your mates either.)

How about we leave the pedantry to one side for a little bit? If you want to go down that route then I'll happily start going through each post and editing the mistakes in red. Plus, it's a bit rich to be calling people out on their literacy when the post doing so is riddled with spelling and grammatical errors.

It's an internet forum; as long as the posts stay away from 'txt spk' and you can understand the point trying to be made, what is the issue?

unknown quantity;376656 said:
Wade for aus not sure about your literacy capacity, but i understand the word 'many' to mean more than one and last time i checked quantity and quality were two very different things. GB you must have me confused mate.
Disappointing not to see Mahony and his troops get up. Mahon is the carey team, i liken him to coleman, mahon probably a better bat than coleman but coleman is the standout bowler in the comp. Xav beating Wesley, no surprises, from what i hear they did 'get out of jail'. Hannon is proving a genuine all-rounder for xavas. Brighton and GC no surprsies, Brighton should have done it easier, but i don't mind GC, they play simple disciplined cricket. Whats happening with Brighton's self-proclaimed "tonner", plumrigde? Drummond and Singh the two best players for brighton.
Who's this Whittle? legspinner if i remember correctly, clearly a handy bowler with 7 yest. Must be one of the better spinners in the comp with lannigan, gilmour and buchanan. (Wade for aus this isn't a cue to talk up any of your mates either.)

lots of teams are relying heavily on spin attacks this year from what I see. Xavier have Ryan and Prior, Caulfield have Gilmour and Lannigan, MGS have DeFegely and Harrod, BGS have Zaia and Moffit. I am actually quite surprised about this as most wickets are very batting friendly.

Well done to the Skevs boys on the weekend, actually gave me a real surprise with a side with good depth and although conway has a bad rep with being a bit of a dick i didn't mind having a chat to him while batting, and i appreciate a good smart arse who is only in it to entertain himself.

Chris moore has come a long way, and bowls solidly to say the least his stocks certainly went up a long way in my books. Would like to see him running further and bowling a bit quicker but is a genuine wicket taker.
I always rated Chris moore as a bowler a little bit lucky with the bat but holds down the fort and not to mention a qaulity bloke who i love having a chat to.

Carey was fairly embarrased.

With the likes of Mahon not taking a wicket and crocker bowling half pace at first change it was not a day for carey. (certainly not making excuses, skevs clearly a better side)

As for whittle being this champion spinner to be honest i know the kid and well.. to get wickets the batsman is more likely to hit a full toss to mid wicket.. but hey a wicket is a wicket, and as we know. Shit gets wickets.

Well done to O'beirne on the 100 the other week well deserved another good cricketer and good bloke amongst the APS i hold full respect for him!

Gamebreaker i do hear you are very good at homework and you will definately be reminded of that when carey and scotch clash which i am looking foward to.. should be a laugh.

if i think of anything more i shall inform you.

Back