Asif injured in dressing room spat

mas cambios

Asif injured in dressing room spat

Pakistan's preparations for the ICC World Twenty20 have been rocked by an "incident" between Shoaib Akhtar and Mohammad Asif in Johannesburg which has led to the latter injuring his leg.

From Cricinfo.

Well if the above is true then Pakistan must be wondering what to do with Akhtar. They give him chance after chance and yet he still causes problems. He could have easily caused a severe injury and really have hurt Pakistan's chances.

It's not the ideal preparation for a world tournament when your two best bowlers are falling out, makes you wonder what else is going on behind the scenes.

Re: Asif injured in dressing room spat

He may be Pakistans best bowler, but i'd kick him out, i dont want THAT in my team!

Im not going to go personal, but he plays for himself rather than his team, or even Country!

Asif is better than Akhtar IMO.

Akhtar should be made an example of. He's likely to join the ICL sooner or later, anyway.

What an idiot! Why would you go and deliberately hurt a team mate. Hopefully the Pakistani board punish Akhtar accordingly but I wouldn't cout on it.

Ahktar sent home!

Shoaib Akhtar's troubled career has taken yet another twist following a decision by the Pakistan board to send him back from Pakistan's 15-man squad for the ICC World Twenty20 after a dressing-room scuffle in which he was alleged to have hit fellow fast bowler Mohammad Asif with a bat.

Ok he may be a great fast bowler, one of the best, fastest and most brutal, but would you really be happy to include a bat-throwing looney in your WC team?

I wouldnt, i'd say bye bye to him not and assure him that he will never ever play again!

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/twenty20wc/content/current/story/309891.html

Re: Ahktar sent home!

Obviously we don't know the whole story just yet but on based on what has been said you'd have to seriously consider that last swipe of the bat to be his last action in international cricket.

The guy had a a talent but like so many talents he also seems to have some kind of mental flaw - perhaps its the trade off? Whatever it was he's been of the rails for a while now and regardless of how good he may be most teams can live without these types of loose cannons in the dressing room.

Gotta be a physco to hit someone with a bat. Seems like the end for him, maybe the drug ban would of left him in less shame than this,

akhtar should get banned....he should got banned after taking drugs....i think when he beat asif he was under drugs.

Will_NA said:
Asif is better than Akhtar IMO.

Akhtar should be made an example of. He's likely to join the ICL sooner or later, anyway.

Hopefully not, not the best of examples.

Incredibly stupid thing to do though.

Shoaib Akhtar has been handed a 13-match ban and a fine of approximately US$57,000 (3.4m rupees) by the Pakistan Cricket Board for a number of breaches of discipline, including his spat with Mohammad Asif in South Africa last month. The ban, however, includes matches played at the Twenty20 World Cup and the two Tests against South Africa. Effectively, it means he will be available for the last ODI against South Africa and more realistically, the tour to India thereafter.
Source: Cricinfo

I think he should have been punished more severely. Hasn't he done enough to be banned permenantly. I don't think the Pakistani players will feel comfortable when he's running in with the ball in his hand. Anyone of them could be his next target.

Over the top if you ask me asif didnt seem to mind too much about it but Afridi did, afridi is the bloke id want out.

but he should already banned for taking drugs.... they cant allow cheats to play :cursing:

I think he should get banned because he always cause trouble for his own team more than other teams. :laugh:

he needs to be kicked out. he keeps escaping with way too much. he should have been banned for life. instead he gets a 13 match ban and the games in t20 wc were counted too. what a joke!

Back