Australian Country Cricket Championships 2012

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE

Australian Country Cricket Championships 2012

With Geelong winning the rights to host the 2012 ACCC what are the best grounds in the region or more importantly what will be by 2012 with all the funding for upgrades going on?

My best 10 grounds and facilities in no particular order for 2012 are;

Geelong Cricket Ground
Stinton Oval-Newtown
Winter Reserve- East Belmont
South Barwon Reserve- South Barwon
Spring Creek Reserve- Torquay
West Oval- Geelong West
St Albans Reserve- St Albans
Osbourne Park- North Geelong
Lara
Burdoo Reserve - Grovedale

That's my pick at the top 10 not sure if I missed one. I think they'll probably want 4 or 5 grounds to use for the carnival.

Re: Australian Country Cricket Championships 2012

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;405160 said:
With Geelong winning the rights to host the 2012 ACCC what are the best grounds in the region or more importantly what will be by 2012 with all the funding for upgrades going on?

My best 10 grounds and facilities in no particular order for 2012 are;

Geelong Cricket Ground
Stinton Oval-Newtown
Winter Reserve- East Belmont
South Barwon Reserve- South Barwon
Spring Creek Reserve- Torquay
West Oval- Geelong West
St Albans Reserve- St Albans
Osbourne Park- North Geelong
Lara
Burdoo Reserve - Grovedale

That's my pick at the top 10 not sure if I missed one. I think they'll probably want 4 or 5 grounds to use for the carnival.

They will need more than 4-5 grounds as they play two weeks of cricket and 3 games a day on most days. I would be thinking at least 10 grounds. I would not be surprised to see Marshall's ground being used in a double header with South Barwon's. They have been looking to improve their deck this season and what a great incentive for them to get their wicket up by being able to host one of the ACCC games. South Barwon and Marshall have the obvious advantage of being able to play 2 turf games 5 metres from each other.

cheer_cheer;405167 said:
They will need more than 4-5 grounds as they play two weeks of cricket and 3 games a day on most days. I would be thinking at least 10 grounds. I would not be surprised to see Marshall's ground being used in a double header with South Barwon's. They have been looking to improve their deck this season and what a great incentive for them to get their wicket up by being able to host one of the ACCC games. South Barwon and Marshall have the obvious advantage of being able to play 2 turf games 5 metres from each other.

I highly doubt that would come into, Marshall facilities are far from up to scratch for that standard of cricket, there would be at least 15-20 clubs with better facilities than them.
If they wanted to have a double header next to each other I'm tipping they'd play it at Kardinia Park.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;405170 said:
I highly doubt that would come into, Marshall facilities are far from up to scratch for that standard of cricket, there would be at least 15-20 clubs with better facilities than them.
If they wanted to have a double header next to each other I'm tipping they'd play it at Kardinia Park.

You would be surprised about Marshall's facilities (clubrooms) they are being upgraded before this season and their turf wicket will be a priority for the GCA to get right. From the tournaments that Hornet has played in over the years for this they do like playing games next to each other. Keep this post for us to bring up when the grounds are announced as I would be shocked if they did not have any games being played at both grounds.

cheer_cheer;405183 said:
You would be surprised about Marshall's facilities (clubrooms) they are being upgraded before this season and their turf wicket will be a priority for the GCA to get right. From the tournaments that Hornet has played in over the years for this they do like playing games next to each other. Keep this post for us to bring up when the grounds are announced as I would be shocked if they did not have any games being played at both grounds.

I also will be SHOCKED:eek:. If Marshall gets the nod, it's about promoting Geelong to the country so we should be using the best grounds and facilities. Marshall does not fit into that category.

I do see how your trying to promote the whole South Barwon/Marshall thing but like I said if they do want to play games side by side the BEST venue for that will be Geelong cricket ground/West Kardinia. This is more of a Geelong tourism thing than a GCA thing. That's my Opinion.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;405213 said:
I also will be SHOCKED:eek:. If Marshall gets the nod, it's about promoting Geelong to the country so we should be using the best grounds and facilities. Marshall does not fit into that category.

I do see how your trying to promote the whole South Barwon/Marshall thing but like I said if they do want to play games side by side the BEST venue for that will be Geelong cricket ground/West Kardinia. This is more of a Geelong as a tourism thing than a GCA thing. That's my Opinion.

Geelong Cricket Ground may be out of action as they will not delay their season by a week to have this tournament, but of course they will play some games at Geelong for one of the weeks. I still think the GCA will have a strong interest in getting Marshall's wicket up to a suitable standard because even though Geelong/West Kardinia are next to each other it is tough to watch 2 games of cricket at once on that ground.

Well just found this site and if you didn't know all of the above mentioned groubds seem to be getting q go except for Grinter Res. but fancy giving games to St Peters and Manifold Heights. These grounds/wickets and facilities are disgraceful and not up to the standard required to show off Geelong Cricket facilities. Whoever suggested and agreed to these grounds should be shot or at the very least lose their position on any organising committee......

Well just found this site and if you didn't know all of the above mentioned groubds seem to be getting q go except for Grinter Res. but fancy giving games to St Peters and Manifold Heights. These grounds/wickets and facilities are disgraceful and not up to the standard required to show off Geelong Cricket facilities. Whoever suggested and agreed to these grounds should be shot or at the very least lose their position on any organising committee......

Where did you read abut Mano and St Peters getting games? Not on here I wouldn't have thought. St Peters ground is getting renovated this season by council anyway along with BPH.

Back