Australian to play for England?

D.K

Australian to play for England?

Herald Sun

VICTORIAN fast bowler Darren Pattinson is being touted as a possible England Test player.
After just two matches for English county Nottinghamshire, the English-born Pattinson, 29, has the locals excited at the prospect of an Australian opting to play for England.
Pattinson snared a career-best 6-30 against Lancashire at the weekend and, after a five-wicket haul on debut, leads the County Championship averages with 15 wickets at 11.06.
"To get five-for and six-for in my first two games is an excellent effort.

''I didn't know what to expect. I just wanted to pull my own weight, help the team and not get smashed too much," Pattinson said.
Pattinson was born in Grimsby, England, and moved to Australia with his family aged five.
A late bloomer, he made his first-class debut with the Bushrangers against South Australia on Australia Day last year. He has played seven matches for a return of 26 wickets 23.57.
Pattinson's younger James, 20, is also in the Bushrangers squad. Born in Australia, the all-rounder was a member of Australia's under-19 World Cup squad.

Interesting move. I doubt he would be in the selectors minds over in Australia for a few reasons. Little too old and possibly the strength of bowlers coming through is pretty good. All the best if he did choose that path and pursue a dream of playing international cricket. The english side could do with a hand in that department.

Re: Australian to play for England?

Darren has almost no chance of playing for Australia so good on him if he wants to try and get a game for England. James on the other hand definitely has the potential to play for the Aussies.

Good luck to the bloke, has absolutely no chance of getting a game for the Aussies so I reckon it's a smart choice for the chance at an international career. His brother James should be playing for the Aussies in a few years too, he's an absolute gun.

Pattinson was born in Grimsby, England. I would have thought he would have a right to play for England, but, I don't think he ever will. Simon Jones and Freddy Flintoff are bowling pretty well at the moment, along with those bowlers currently in the England side. So, unless those guys and Tremlett are getting hammered, I can't see Pattinson getting a look in.

it would be strange if he made it into the side, as well as his brother making it into the Australian side. then come the next ashes series they could be versing each other. brother vs brother on the international stage.

Back