B & C Grade 2013/2014

Tongs

All things B and C Grade.

Should be intesting watching many sides 2nd XI, play against many sides 1st XI.

Will any 2nd's sides play finals? Will and 1st XI be in the relegation zone?

I believe Panton Hill will take home the cookies this year in B Grade. Just think that Motschall will be too good for that grade of cricket.

We'll be in the finals for C Grade. If 3 frustratingly close losses had fell our way in B Grade last year and not been washed out against your mob Tongs (cos we clearly would have pumped you :)) we might have snuck into 4th spot...but that wasn't to be.

We'll be in the finals for C Grade. If 3 frustratingly close losses had fell our way in B Grade last year and not been washed out against your mob Tongs (cos we clearly would have pumped you :)) we might have snuck into 4th spot...but that wasn't to be.

Not going to win too many games when your leader doesn't want to play. How did your mob go against us the year before? I like your enthusiasm though, its quite rare coming from you!

Not going to win too many games when your leader doesn't want to play. How did your mob go against us the year before? I like your enthusiasm though, its quite rare coming from you!

Well I do remember it raining before the game and then watching it bucket down later on, so it's really a moot point. I really can't remember how we went the previous season against you, it's either in the start of the season where I had a horror time opening the batting so would rather forget, or the second half of the season where I got the chop. Even that year, we missed out on the finals by a single point and that should never have been because round 10 we finished early in F and I went back to watch Mernda chase down 350 and then round 11 was washed out the last week of the season!

Well I do remember it raining before the game and then watching it bucket down later on, so it's really a moot point. I really can't remember how we went the previous season against you, it's either in the start of the season where I had a horror time opening the batting so would rather forget, or the second half of the season where I got the chop. Even that year, we missed out on the finals by a single point and that should never have been because round 10 we finished early in F and I went back to watch Mernda chase down 350 and then round 11 was washed out the last week of the season!

Yeah there was a shower at 10:30am, and rain at 5pm. That is cause for not playing.
You do realise that Bundoora United haven't beaten ECC in either of the top two grades in a very very long time. Most likely ever? You know that right?

Yeah there was a shower at 10:30am, and rain at 5pm. That is cause for not playing.
You do realise that Bundoora United haven't beaten ECC in either of the top two grades in a very very long time. Most likely ever? You know that right?

Ah, Tongs, a shower at 10.30....it was raining up until and including 1pm, when you wanted us to take the field, and then it poured well before 5pm, but we have had this discussion many times.

Top 2 grades have played 3 times in the past 10 years, for a grand result of 1 Eltham win, and 2 draws - but if you want to hang your hat on that, be my guest.

Ah, Tongs, a shower at 10.30....it was raining up until and including 1pm, when you wanted us to take the field, and then it poured well before 5pm, but we have had this discussion many times.

Top 2 grades have played 3 times in the past 10 years, for a grand result of 1 Eltham win, and 2 draws - but if you want to hang your hat on that, be my guest.

It was raining at 1? If you were in a car, you wouldn't have even had your windscreen wipers on.

And get your facts right.
Eltham 2 wins.
Bundoora United 0 wins.
with 2 draws (1 of which Eltham actually won and the round didn't count).

Oh yeh it bucketed down before tea, I was sitting right next to you and clearly remember that...and then I suggested we rip off their shuffle night, so the game wasn't a total waste lol.

All things B and C Grade.

Should be intesting watching many sides 2nd XI, play against many sides 1st XI.

Will any 2nd's sides play finals? Will and 1st XI be in the relegation zone?

I will state the obvious and say Panton Hill, Thomastown, wittlesea, and Mill park to make the top four in any order. Pantin Hill have Motchel and Ford,
Thomastown have Davoine and Premakura
Whitlesea have Gardner
Mill park have Andrews, Culpin, Virtue, and Mclaughlin

I think Mill park will have the edge.

I will state the obvious and say Panton Hill, Thomastown, wittlesea, and Mill park to make the top four in any order. Pantin Hill have Motchel and Ford,
Whitlesea have Gardner

Panton Hill will hope to get some more games out of Grimshaw. He's an ambo so he struggles to train and play being on shift based work. But, imo one of the best bats in Money Shield particularly were he to play an entire season. Should hope to qualify him for finals, and if they make it then get him in for finals.

Motschall the best cricketer in B grade by the length of the straight. Premakumara will make a few young guys uncomfortable but tends to bowl a lot of loose sh!t. Whittlesea (believe they picked up an import), Mill Park and PH for mine.

Whitlesea have Gardner

Andrews gone to Bundoora

Mill Park going all out. Pressure will be on from the outset. This year will either make or break the club with all the coin they are throwing around to try and get back to money!!.

Mill Park going all out. Pressure will be on from the outset. This year will either make or break the club with all the coin they are throwing around to try and get back to money!!.

Who have they thrown money at? Who have they brought in?

Mc Farland as said in above posts. Millane from Keon Park. Was a one's player there, and Groom from South Morang.

Last season

Anthony McFarland Blackburn South 119 runs @ 10.82 and 4 wickets @ 42.50
Brett Millane Keon Park 129 runs @ 16.13 and 1 wicket @ 54.00

Wow! Mill Park is securing some top talent from other comps. How can they possibly afford them!

Back