B & C Grade 2013/2014

Some monster scores in C Grade last week with only 1 score under 250. Diamond Creek looking down the barrel of an outright loss at 5/16 too.

Been awhile since a B grade post. With three of the final four being team's 1st's (Thomo Utd, Whittlesea & Mill Park), I'm sure they will all be eager to get back into Money Shield.
My tips: MP over WH, and TU over DC

Been awhile since a B grade post. With three of the final four being team's 1st's (Thomo Utd, Whittlesea & Mill Park), I'm sure they will all be eager to get back into Money Shield.
My tips: MP over WH, and TU over DC

McLaughlin (MP) in some hot form at the moment. Probably the premier batsman in B grade averaging 73.8 over his last 7 hits.

Selections:

Thomastown vs Diamond Creek - Thommo have been the top side all season and no reason to go against them this late in the season.
Mill Park vs Whittlesea - Both teams can post big scores but also have brittle lineups. Think Whittlesea can reverse the Rd8 result.

Ooops, forgot to put my thoughts on the C Grade finals up yesterday.

Lalor Stars vs Heidelberg - Obviously Stars are the favs and have put up a challenging total for Heidelberg. Stars to win
Montmorency vs Bundoora United - United have also posted a good score and Mont will need to be on their game to get it. But Mont to advance.

Selections:

Thomastown vs Diamond Creek - Thommo have been the top side all season and no reason to go against them this late in the season.
Mill Park vs Whittlesea - Both teams can post big scores but also have brittle lineups. Think Whittlesea can reverse the Rd8 result.

Solid effort by Creek but think Thommo will get that with only a few down.
Evenly poised after Mill Park were in big trouble mid innings. Nixon the key if Whittlesea are to win.

B Grade:

Mill Park Cricket Club (7/291) has won the B Grade flag after bowling out Thomastown United for 227 on Day 2 at Ben Frilay Oval. Mill Park had set a big target for Thomastown United on the back of a Brendan Joseland (122no) century on day 1.

Thomastown United were off to a shaky start on Day 2 when Thomas Stoneham (3/52) trapped Pirathees Sritharan (1) in front in the first over. Nami Yilmaz (41) and Justin D’Avoine (64) then set the tone with a quick fire 87-run partnership before Aaron Mills (1/22) dismissed Yilmaz with the score on 89. Nathan Brown (15) fell to Brendan Joseland (2/33) just before the break and the match was evenly poised with Thomastown United on 3/149. Stoneham took the prize wicket of D’Avoine straight after tea before Ravjit Dosanth (54) threatened to take the match apart with an impressive half-century. In the end it was Anthony McFarland (3/33) who did the damage as he cleaned up the Thomastown United lower order in quick fashion. Mill Park ended up winning by 64 runs earning promotion in to Money Shield next season.

From the DVCA website

That article doesn't mentioned that the little umpire won motm. Geez, some of those lb's. some of our batsmen were closer to the stumps at the non-strikers end! The one that got JD'A looked like one of those occasions where the umpire called it because the team appealed more enthusiastically than normal. It was at a time of the game, where the decision had a bigger effect than normal.

What a munchkin!

I'm hearing some interesting rumours regarding the peas, do you have any info Brian?
Well, I'm not sure how much I can say without making it awkward for the club. But either synthetic turf in Hurstbridge provides surprisingly good conditions to grow peas, or they were slyly put there. Without knowing what's been said to you, what you rumors you've heard are likely to be fact.

Back