Barclay Shield 2013/2014

Talking Current players H2b? if so here is my 2 bob.

Best Keeper? Tom Maclean

Best Slip Fielder?

Best Cover fieldsman? Witcher

Best All round fielder? Witcher

Best Opener? Minney

Best dot ball bowler?

Best Captain? Tim Wise

Last edited:
cheers DRS, yeah talking current players....we always seem to talk about the guns, pitches, balls...wanted a little change.

my turn.........

Best Keeper? Tom Maclean

Best Slip Fielder? (can't think of anyone)

Best All round fielder? Rob Wise

Best Opener? Minney, but malone for barlcay

Best dot ball bowler? Burgoyne

Best Captain? Tom Mclean

Best Keeper? Chris Smith

Best Slip Fielder? A.McFarland

Best All round fielder? Jet Still

Best Opener? Mark Minney

Best Captain? Tony Balcombe

Best Keeper? Chris Smith

Best Slip Fielder? A.McFarland

Best All round fielder? Jet Still

Best Opener? Mark Minney

Best Captain? Tony Balcombe

Best Spinner.

J Caldarelli (once got a 9for in Mac shield in the bhrdca) all from waist high full tosses in 1984. Lower just havent seen the ability yet as he is yet to make one bounce at training.

Best Spinner.

J Caldarelli (once got a 9for in Mac shield in the bhrdca) all from waist high full tosses in 1984. Lower just havent seen the ability yet as he is yet to make one bounce at training.
Pull your head in Webby , otherwise i will get you banned like Mighty Mouse or whatever his name is ....This forum is for Blokes that play on Sythentic not for tools that play on turf wickets prepared by curators that spend 5 minutes to prepare with a lawnmower....No wonder you have more byes to your name than runs

Sorry, are you on top of the tipping ladder, getting every single tip right?

Not sure what tipping has got to do with it, but given where you are on the ladder surprised that you brought it up. Just say you were wrong. If the club with no history, Greensborough get up this year I will say well done to them and that I was wrong.

SO here are the current situations of games :

Bundoora All out 162 / Rosanna 0/2
Macleod All out 195 / Epping 0/4
Riverside All out 290 / NEW 0/0
Research All out 92 / Diamond Creek 1/103
Mernda 9/253 / Lower Eltham 0/0
Plent All out 242 / Old Paradians 0/1

On relegation , the new favourite to go down would currently be North Eltham given that I expect Plenty to defend that score, and given that Lower Eltham haven't made a score over 197 at home this year, surely Mernda are favourites in that game.
Interesting weekend ahead lads....

I'm pretty certain it cant be Rosanna Vs Macleod.
For Rosanna to get 2nd, both Macleod and Lower Eltham need to lose, in which case LE finish 3rd, ahead of Macleod on %.

it could still be Macleod vs Rosanna however (with wins to Mac,Rosanna and Mernda).....it will be a great last week, with positions 2,3,4 and 10,11,12 still far from decided

Would love to watch the Lower Eltham run chase, its all to play for in that match, a home final and relegation at stake

SquuueeeeeaaaaK......... Who does everyone think will get relegated and who does everyone want to get relegated????????
I think NEW will go down. 290 is a huge chase. Shame because it means NEW 2s get relegated too, and they've acquitted themselves very well in Money.

Plenty and Mernda both have about 240 to defend. It will be interesting to see if a couple of club champions can keep them up with the ball. Great effort by Connelly too. Huge game, stood up.

SquuueeeeeaaaaK......... Who does everyone think will get relegated and who does everyone want to get relegated????????

Unfortunately I think NEW will go down. Would be a shame as they are a well run club with good juniors. Their very young 2nds team have also exceeded expectations and would be a shame to see them go down as well after a positive first season in MS.

No disrespect, but Id want Plenty to go down. Struggled all year and calling upon a couple of yesterday's heros to help them stay up. A lot of respect for them as a club and what they've been able to achieve but from an outsiders perspective it's time for them to rebuild. There 2nds have been mediocre, whilst they have struggled to put a 3rds team on the park.
Money Shield may be the perfect place for their 1st XI to be in as the club goes through a rebuilding process.

Unfortunately I think NEW will go down. Would be a shame as they are a well run club with good juniors. Their very young 2nds team have also exceeded expectations and would be a shame to see them go down as well after a positive first season in MS.

No disrespect, but Id want Plenty to go down. Struggled all year and calling upon a couple of yesterday's heros to help them stay up. A lot of respect for them as a club and what they've been able to achieve but from an outsiders perspective it's time for them to rebuild. There 2nds have been mediocre, whilst they have struggled to put a 3rds team on the park.
Money Shield may be the perfect place for their 1st XI to be in as the club goes through a rebuilding process.

If Plenty finish last, they'll be relegated, that's the way it is.
But over the season they have won as many games as Mernda, and on average have been far, far more competitive than any of Mernda, Nth Eltham and Epping - as can be seen from their relative percentages.

Lower Eltham have to some chance chasing 250 against Mernda. If your a genuine premier contender you chase 250 6 or 7 down. Well done to the sides facing relegation for keeping the season alive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Plenty and Mernda both have about 240 to defend. It will be interesting to see if a couple of club champions can keep them up with the ball. Great effort by Connelly too. Huge game, stood up.
Connelly batted extremely well! Chance less innings and he has changed his game slightly, had a lot more patience. We didn't bowl overly bad, they just batted well.

cheers DRS, yeah talking current players....we always seem to talk about the guns, pitches, balls...wanted a little change.

my turn.........

Best Keeper? Tom Maclean

Best Slip Fielder? (can't think of anyone)

Best All round fielder? Rob Wise

Best Opener? Minney, but malone for barlcay

Best Captain? Tom Mclean
Best slip fielder: Glen Turner easily for me. Best all round fielder: Jet Still.

Back