Barclay Shield 2013/2014

Mernda had a pretty good side, but an obviously disappointing year...if they keep everyone around, they'll be back very soon

On the finals, Lower Eltham Vs Macleod should be a cracking match, whilst Lower is the team to beat for the flag and put Macleod to the sword earlier in the year, Macleod did win last time at this venue... I'm tipping Lower Eltham but Macleod can win if they bat first.

If you are looking for excitement then stay away from Diamond Creek on Saturday, two very well oiled machines do combat with neither side being known for their flair, Diamond Creek won at home in their only previous meeting. the Drones ie Rosanna, has a side chock full of sameness, even some of them look like twins...their discipline is military like. I'm tipping Creek just in this match, but the drones did only lose 1 2day match all season. so maybe this could come down to the toss also.

Diamond creek knocked off rosanna at rosanna.
Dont mind watching creek batting , however would prfer to watch paint dry than watch rosanna bat. Wouldnt be surprised to see them 7 or 8 for 150-170 range after 80 overs if they bat first.
Lower eltham smashed macleod early in the season and will be clear favorites this weekend.

Diamond creek knocked off rosanna at rosanna.
Dont mind watching creek batting , however would prfer to watch paint dry than watch rosanna bat. Wouldnt be surprised to see them 7 or 8 for 150-170 range after 80 overs if they bat first.
Lower eltham smashed macleod early in the season and will be clear favorites this weekend.

Indeed it was at Rosanna, my bad. Interesting to note that if the Drones won that game, they would have finished on top and Diamond Creek 4th.
The home final was decided by a ball or two!!

Gives a good indication of how even all the finals sides are, should be some ripper matches coming up

3 sleeps to a massive weekend of cricket.

I'll back Rosanna to get up, as was said at the start of the year, they play a very gritty determined and well rehearsed game of cricket.

Lower Eltham's batting to get them over the line against Macleod....

As I said Rosanna will make top 4. Pretty much have the same bunch of blokes playing together that have over the last 4-5 years. Just shows that the top teams in local comps would all match it with each other. In with a big chance too, has any won won BS after winning MS?
Anyone care to answer the question asked here?

Is there any forum for score updates during the play?

I notice other comps have facebook and twitter accounts that get updated during play.

Would be great to see the DVCA embrace the social media era and get some scores from around the grounds.

Can we setup a facebook page or is there DVCA one?? or even twitter with the scores and #dvcafinals

I have seen Diamond Creeks twitter and they do a great job...but a compwide medium is what we need

Is there any forum for score updates during the play?

I notice other comps have facebook and twitter accounts that get updated during play.

Would be great to see the DVCA embrace the social media era and get some scores from around the grounds.

Can we setup a facebook page or is there DVCA one?? or even twitter with the scores and #dvcafinals

I have seen Diamond Creeks twitter and they do a great job...but a compwide medium is what we need

Good idea Harry , i know that another local comp are Sreaming GF live over the internet , apparently its a first.
It would be awesome if it could be done next year
http://mysportlive.com.au/events/2014-bhrdca-mcintosh-shield-grand-final/

wow how good is that....dont macleod have several camera's going on each match? maybe they could go into streaming

does anyone know if there are 'live score updates' anywhere?? i dont really do facebook

The DVCA does have a facebook page, and it could be updated. Not sure who runs it, and how it could be updated. Maybe text messages sent to a central person.
Great idea, I will pass it on to them.

Some clubs, we do, have a TeamApp page that gets updated by someone at each ground during the day, makes it able to keep in touch with what is happening at all grounds.

There is a app on my cricket that has live scoring.

i'm not sure that everyone can update the live scores via an official app.

Surely we can tweet with #dvca or post to a facebook page, is anyone willing to try this??

I would kick it off but i think i'll see about 5 mins of cricket if i'm lucky this weekend!

i'm not sure that everyone can update the live scores via an official app.

Surely we can tweet with #dvca or post to a facebook page, is anyone willing to try this??

I would kick it off but i think i'll see about 5 mins of cricket if i'm lucky this weekend!

All you need is a ipad or laptop and its free, we tried it once but as we are already doing match day scoring on a laptop it wouldnt upload to my cricket at end of play and locked the laptop out.

FYI - re scores

The DVCA Have an app on any smart phone app: called "Teamapp". You can download it and update scores across all grades. I know that there are a number of clubs that already use this app (Eltham do) and it's a fantastic way to get scores to everyone.

You will need to download the app and register to see and update scores. For the sake of the whole DVCA, I urge everyone to use it.

I know people can have trouble with it at times, if you need help, I'm happy to give you troubleshooting answers.

Cheers

FYI - re scores

The DVCA Have an app on any smart phone app: called "Teamapp". You can download it and update scores across all grades. I know that there are a number of clubs that already use this app (Eltham do) and it's a fantastic way to get scores to everyone.

You will need to download the app and register to see and update scores. For the sake of the whole DVCA, I urge everyone to use it.

I know people can have trouble with it at times, if you need help, I'm happy to give you troubleshooting answers.

Cheers

seems useful on a club by club basis, but how do you get a score at a quick glance from a match not involving your club?

its too dependant on all clubs being involved.

It seems we dont have a platform like 99% of comps to update people on the fly....i would have thought twitter, like Diamond Creek do is the way to go, is anyone else interested in using twitter like this?

No no, you only need to search and download the DVCA one, not each club. Anyone and everyone can update for the whole compitition to see.

No no, you only need to search and download the DVCA one, not each club. Anyone and everyone can update for the whole compitition to see.

ah good...then we need to encourage all clubs to get on it then!!

I'll give it a go when i can find someone half my age to download for me!! lol me and apps are not best friends

Old blokes and technology!

You're right, that's what I am trying to do. Promote it as much as possible. I know clubs were all sent emails today and getting on board, it will be a great tool if we can get more and more people on it, across all clubs.

Our club has this App, and it is awesome, easy for people at grounds to enter scores and committee to put up events and news.

We have over 100 people following us on it.

Back