Barclay Shield 2017/18

Riverside have panels on the rest, at this point - surely their time is now?

Rosanna have set themselves up to pinch a top 4 spot, too. With any luck finals are competitive.

Rosanna have set themselves up to pinch a top 4 spot, too. With any luck finals are competitive.

I think they need to get OP out for around 100 , which will bring % up to around 1.10
And even then I dont think it will be enough if Creek pass Eppings total with 8 or so wickets down, they will still have Rosanna covered on %

They are in the box seat. OPSF can at least bat without any added pressure as their fate is sealed, they should've probably won their last 2 games chasing but I'd rather be Rosanna

Creek have the task ahead, Mclean out hurts them but they do have batting depth. Daniel Taylor probably the key wicket IMO

Bundoora and NEW a 50/50 game, we looked like posting 200 plus at one stage (never seen a happier bunch of 11 blokes when Taggar mistimed a full toss to get out) but good bowling and poor shots didn't help. Should be an interesting finish with both sides still relying on the 2 other results. No Baker is a plus for Bundoora, the bloke loves attending late season weddings............

Last edited:
dont think diamo will chase eppings 167 on that trampoline pitch. rosanna in and a very dangerous prospect for riverside i reckon.

Good to see the Creek make that last spot in the 4 their own, at their best might very well be the only side that can give Riverside a run for their money.

Macleod v Mont - toss of the coin, really.

Good to see the Creek make that last spot in the 4 their own, at their best might very well be the only side that can give Riverside a run for their money.

Macleod v Mont - toss of the coin, really.
Don't reckon it's a toss of the coin, Mont's past 2 games they have been pretty easily accounted for by the teams on top of them. They've done really well to get to the finals but I don't think they'll get past Macleod.

Creek in an upset in the other game. Dangerous to be without a loss heading into a semi.

Anything significant happen in any games?? Didn’t manage to get around, wasn’t moving from my chair and esky out at plenty?? Diamond creek ever look like a chance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anything significant happen in any games?? Didn’t manage to get around, wasn’t moving from my chair and esky out at plenty?? Diamond creek ever look like a chance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnno tonned up at macleod- a great knock. Mont opened up with Groom who took a fancy to o'leary but only sustained it for 6 overs . I guess chasing 293 you have to try something early. Other than that, Macleod were quite clinical.
Diamond creek were going ok until rooster ran out Adams in a suicide single. They were gone once that happened. Riverside bowlers didn't much away as you would expect . Great bowling attack . Good luck to both sides this weekend

Great effort by Mont to get to where they did. Bit of a tough lesson in the semi but will be better off for it in the long run.
Actually think they should be pretty disappointed , had a solid year then got beaten convincingly 3 games in a Row to finish off. Went better than I thought but sitting top 2 then basically limping out of the finals is not a great result. Need a bowler or two next year

Actually think they should be pretty disappointed , had a solid year then got beaten convincingly 3 games in a Row to finish off. Went better than I thought but sitting top 2 then basically limping out of the finals is not a great result. Need a bowler or two next year
bit harsh artie, their draw had them playing the top 2 teams in the last 2 games, had they played them earlier and stormed home into 3rd, would you say they the same?
on the GF it's Riverside this time, they are a pretty even spread and Macleod just has too many passengers this time around..would need a big 100 from one of their big 3 wise wise and johnson or no hope.

I dunno about that Harry, it's their 3rd GF appearance in a row, that's fairly impressive. All the pressure and eyes are on Riverside, with Macleod kinda slipping under the radar a bit.

I dunno about that Harry, it's their 3rd GF appearance in a row, that's fairly impressive. All the pressure and eyes are on Riverside, with Macleod kinda slipping under the radar a bit.
i agree its pretty impressive....and you do only need a few to fire to win....not ruling macleod out by any stretch....and I like most, would love to see another Riverside loss!

Back