Bat Review

Re: Bat Review

It's very good, very balanced. If you like a nice light bat, good for stroke making, but can go long, then its the one for you. I'm not the best person to ask, i'm a Kookaburra fan :)

lol i think it is a kookaburra. my mate has got this bat i used it for one match, it gives good power behind strokes. there is a lot of wood at the edges.

Yes, it is a Kookaburra. I think Ponting used to bat with it. I'm thinking of getting it for myself but having a bit of trouble deciding between that and the Kookaburra Ice Sub Zero. The bow in each are quite similar, weight as well. The only difference I could pick up was in the shape of the handles. The Ice has a rounded one while the Kahuna had an oval one. Personally I think I'm sold on the Kahuna though.

Yep its a Kookaburra, i'm not the best person to ask because i'll sing its praises, you need to ask someone who hasn't got such strong feelings about his Kookaburra :laugh:

If i was to choose between the two, it'd be a Kahuna, as i own an ICE bat and its good, but i'd like a change.

hi i have the slazenger v389 panther series whenever i use it i get out for ducks or 1's but whenever i use my friends bat or another persons bat i usually get high scores??
i presume this means the bat isnt right for me
can anyone suggest a bat for me im 14 im 6ft tall??
im reasnobly strong
any suggestions??

kizza said:
hi i have the slazenger v389 panther series whenever i use it i get out for ducks or 1's but whenever i use my friends bat or another persons bat i usually get high scores??

That is more likely to be mental than the bat, think about why this may be?

kizza said:
i presume this means the bat isnt right for me
can anyone suggest a bat for me im 14 im 6ft tall??
im reasnobly strong
any suggestions??

As for the bat, well, you need a full size, short handle for starters. Weight is up to you but start at about 2lb 10. Make or model? What do you play like, attacking, defensive, stroke maker etc? More info and we may be able to put you in the right direction.

Also, what is your budget?

i like to slog but im playing defence at the moment
id like to be able to put more runs on the board
my budgets around 300 australian dollars
im looking at the G&M HERO
any other suggestions??

kizza, a m8 in my team just bought a GM hero.... he is a big unit and likes the tonk and it has done him no justice...

its a fairly light bat and he gets through his shots early.... anything out of the puma range usually goes alright for a batsmen who switches from slog to defence...

me personally i like slazenger... ive got a V8 signiture select... very nice bat, team m8s love it....

offers plenty for the storke maker or the bloke who hits over the top

just personal opinion :D

yeh im looking at a G&M hero not sure if i should buy it or not i have a v389 panther series at the moment i cant decide wether to get another slazenger but in a different size or a G&M HERO

if u like the way ur batting now and making runs... i would stick with the slazenger range....

good thing about slazenger is that most their bats r nicely weighted, smooth pick up, great to drive with but still have plenty of power to go over the top.....

when it comes down 2 it, its up 2 u.... whatever you do dnt rush youre choice... try every bat on the shelf

Back