Batting HELP!!!!!!

perkins17

Batting HELP!!!!!!

I am a under 15s 1st change over bowler and lately i have gone out to bat and the when i get out there i freeze up and can't bat and play a ridicules shot and get out but in the nets i am fine in can hit anyone back down the ground
does anyone have any suggestions.
Perkins

Re: Batting HELP!!!!!!

Welcome the forums!

Sounds like a bit of a mental block going on. You're fine in the nets as there is little to no pressure on you but in a game, it's a different scenario.

The first thing is to set yourself small goals when batting in a game, for example, to stay there for 10 balls and support the other batsman. Then you can change the goal etc. Try to break the game situation down into manageable targets, so that it doesn't seem so daunting.

You should also try to increase the pressure when batting in nets, so set scenarios, like you must stay there for 3 overs to win the game or score 20 of 3 overs, that sort of thing.

You must believe in yourself at all times, back to yourself to do well and try to look at the positives and not negatives.

mas cambios;26841 said:
You should also try to increase the pressure when batting in nets, so set scenarios, like you must stay there for 3 overs to win the game or score 20 of 3 overs, that sort of thing.

You must believe in yourself at all times, back to yourself to do well and try to look at the positives and not negatives.

That is a good idea. You shouldn't always relax in the nets. Try to set some goals that will test you. The good thing about that is that if you fail you can have a go again but in a match you dont get the opportunity to correct your mistakes.

Perkins...It's natural :) we all have been thru that phase atleast once in a lifetime.
The only difference is how qucikly can u break that mental block..
"MAS" suggested the rigth way to improve ur batting skills in the nets.
We also have similar kind of practice implemented as every batsmen is given a target for the last 6 balls.It is exciting for the batsmen and for bowlers as well.
Can u add more detaisl:
1) Since how long are u batting in the nets/match?.
2) The frequency of batting in nets for one week?
3) What are key areas u want to improve on i.e. facing fast bowlers or spinners?
4) What is ur mind frame when the bowlers is about to bowl?

thanks for the advice from all of you!
1) Since how long are u batting in the nets/match?
2 weeks ago because of an foot injury
2) The frequency of batting in nets for one week?
1 15 minutes batting of the time most of it spent bowling
3) What are key areas u want to improve on i.e. facing fast bowlers or spinners?
facing fast bowlers as i usually face the opening bowlers as they come in for there second bowling stint
4) What is ur mind frame when the bowlers is about to bowl?
get the bat up and make sure i get bat on ball ;)

Since u have started batting in early stages.
U need to relax in the nets.
Before batting in nets if u can get a teammate for some throwdown/knocking practice to drive the ball.
It will be a good concentration drill.
One thing u must tell ur self that i will not throw my wicket even if u are batting defensively.
That will give u a boost in confidence and from there u will build up ur confidence level as the day progresses.
Batting cannot be developed in few days as it requires Patience,Efforts,Dedication and practice.

Keep on working and if possible post a batting video :)

Best of luck

Back