Bay 13-MCG

blaster

Bay 13-MCG

Ive started this thread to try and help build the reputation of Bay 13.
We can dicuss heaps of things such as issues like beer cup snakes, beach volleyballs and new chants.
It could be like a new sort of club where we could organise what we will do on match day.
Please get ya mates and all the Bay 13 lovers you know to join and subscribe to this thread.

Re: Bay 13-MCG

mas cambios;300330 said:
What is Bay 13?
It is where all the drunks sit and cause trouble. One place to avoid like the plague when going to the cricket. If you aren't careful you might cop anything from getting peed on to getting thrown up on.

mas cambios;300346 said:
Not a fan then?
No way. I wouldn't call getting spewed on or urinated on by drunken spectators fun....I actually find it rather gross hence the reason why I avoid that area like the plague.

mas cambios;300351 said:
It seems it was originally started in the right spirit but has since been hi-jacked.
No mate not hi-jacked, you just wanted to know what bay 13 was.... I simply answered your question.

Avoid it like the plague. Similar to some ovals in london....

schwab2clarkson;300374 said:
Avoid it like the plague. Similar to some ovals in london....

Care to elaborate on that one? I can think of one or two grounds in the UK that have a 'reputation' but neither of the main London ones.

schwab2clarkson;300374 said:
No mate not hi-jacked, you just wanted to know what bay 13 was.... I simply answered your question.

I'll check that we're on the right page here. My meaning was that in the start, at the very beginning of 'Bay 13' there were seemingly good intentions behind it, except it changed over time, hence it's current place in history.

I wasn't accusing you of 'hi-jacking' this thread. Paranoia?

It is a title of one of the sections of seat's where a lot of younger people sit.

At one dayers it is basicly from bay 7 all the way to bay 16.

Big crowds in there, massive police presence but it is the best place to sit for atmosphere and a good time if you enjoy drinking and yelling out.

Enter at your own risk knowing that you might get some beer spilled on , you might get called a w^nker or a legend and possibly be ejected for skulling. But a quality day is always had in bay 13

Similar to the 'party stands' at Edgbaston and Headingly then.

I had to google 'skulling' (though I had a vague idea) - you and your Aussie slang :p

mas cambios;300330 said:
What is Bay 13?

bay 13 is a bay at the mcg that people like to sit and enjoy the cricket by starting chants, the wave and the beach ball. and when i go to the cricket your either in bay 13 or your preety much looking that way because its just a load of fun at the cricket and a good laugh.

D.K;300384 said:
It is a title of one of the sections of seat's where a lot of younger people sit.

At one dayers it is basicly from bay 7 all the way to bay 16.

Big crowds in there, massive police presence but it is the best place to sit for atmosphere and a good time if you enjoy drinking and yelling out.

Enter at your own risk knowing that you might get some beer spilled on , you might get called a w^nker or a legend and possibly be ejected for skulling. But a quality day is always had in bay 13

couldenet agree with you more dident see your post there other wise i wouldent have posted mine.:eek:

bay 13 is the best fun!
cmon everybody lets get behind the aussies everyone in bay 13 sing and chanting loud enjoying the day supporting the aussies!
bay 13 true colours really come out in the vic 20-20 games but

what is the ideal clothing of a bay 13ner.
in my opinion it is a navy blue singlet, with boardies and thongs.
maybe an aussie flag as a cape.
who agrees?

Bay 13 makes the cricket a hell of alot more fun. I was there on Day 1 and the beer cup snakes were crazy. I'd never seen them that long in my life. I got a picture. It went all the way from the fence to the shade. Incredible. They start all the chants, waves, and fun. It's only a few idiots that ruin it, and they get ejected.

Cheers to Bay 13, legends!

Back