Best 5 clubs in DVCA (Nothing biased)

NEW
LP
REC
Heidelberg
Banyule (7 senior teams, 16 junior teams, 2 vets). Yes have fallen somewhat.

Look at DC this year, a big fall from grace.
Riverside aren’t as strong (coming off lofty heights)

Riverside are stronger than Banyule.
To my knowledge they have never been relegated to Money Shield and they have 6 Seniors, 11 Junior teams and a VETS, not far off Banyule. To go with that, 2 flags in the top flight in the past few years.

It's great to have so many teams but let's be honest, Banyule have 2/7 of those teams currently in the 4 and none of those senior teams made finals last year. Quantity over quality.

Riverside are stronger than Banyule.
To my knowledge they have never been relegated to Money Shield and they have 6 Seniors, 11 Junior teams and a VETS, not far off Banyule. To go with that, 2 flags in the top flight in the past few years.

It's great to have so many teams but let's be honest, Banyule have 2/7 of those teams currently in the 4 and none of those senior teams made finals last year. Quantity over quality.
Finally someone arguing on merit.

A small counter to your argument, Riverside forfeited a game this year, Banyule didn’t. My grading is also somewhat biased. Also community sport is in a large part about participation. We also have one of the largest Blast cricket programs.

Therefor Riverside and Banyule are on par. IMO

Very intriguing you have Lower Plenty there.
This is a good topic though
Plenty
Epping
Banyule
Heidelberg
North Eltham
Plenty, RECc and Greensboroughs turn around in the last 12 months shows that if a club works hard, develop within and recruit that you don’t always have to be easy beats.

my club had an horrendous 22/23. This year the club galvanised and has improved markedly. No one person was to blame for last years performance. Split training facilities, post Covid handover, younger players focusing on football etc etc.

I fear for DC as they have lost a lot to other clubs. If they survive in Barclay, this may paper over the issues with the club as a whole as they have little or no depth. But 24/25 is a long way off and good clubs rebound.

Plenty, RECc and Greensboroughs turn around in the last 12 months shows that if a club works hard, develop within and recruit that you don’t always have to be easy beats.

my club had an horrendous 22/23. This year the club galvanised and has improved markedly. No one person was to blame for last years performance. Split training facilities, post Covid handover, younger players focusing on football etc etc.

I fear for DC as they have lost a lot to other clubs. If they survive in Barclay, this may paper over the issues with the club as a whole as they have little or no depth. But 24/25 is a long way off and good clubs rebound.
Mate, you blokes have won 4 games for the year in Div 2 and your best player is about 48 years old, who you had to beg to get out of retirement. With 190 odd juniors you’d think you would have 1 or 2 half decent ones. Yet you talk about other clubs painting over the cracks. Maybe focus on your own 4 walls first.

However it’s good to see Joshy Neilson back in the side. If that was me that my old man dropped for a 4XI grade final those years ago, I don’t reckon I would’ve played again. Credit to him

Finally someone arguing on merit.

A small counter to your argument, Riverside forfeited a game this year, Banyule didn’t. My grading is also somewhat biased. Also community sport is in a large part about participation. We also have one of the largest Blast cricket programs.

Therefor Riverside and Banyule are on par. IMO
Riverside and Banyule on par???? 😂😂😂😂😂😂
Come on mate take the goggles off. If your mob was anything close to par your supporters wouldn’t rock up to Riverside with eskies and not purchase a beverage.

Come on mate take the goggles off. If your mob was anything close to par your supporters wouldn’t rock up to Riverside with eskies and not purchase a beverage.
Burner you really do have a hard on for my club.

38 players out of the top 4 teams are juniors, former juniors or parents of juniors.

Where doing ok.

You need to relax.

Again it’s my opinion, doesn’t make it right. But I don’t stoop to your lovely diatribe.

Just to clarify a small group of young blokes did that 3 years ago & were told never to do it again.

Back