Best Bat

freddie90

Whats a bat that plays really well? Anyone got suggestion? I have a $1000 budget this season. I am thinking of going to greg chappell cricket centre in melbourne.

I'd avoid Greg Chappell like the plague. Go to the cricket warehouse in Smith St Collingwood or consider shopping online and you might save a buck or five.

I know you probably want a name or two, and I'm sure others can give you brands and models. I would say that a bat is a personal thing, how you pick it up and how it feels off the middle is more about the player than the bat, so if you can, pick a fe up, hit a few balls with ones you like and go from there.

I know you probably want a name or two, and I'm sure others can give you brands and models. I would say that a bat is a personal thing, how you pick it up and how it feels off the middle is more about the player than the bat, so if you can, pick a fe up, hit a few balls with ones you like and go from there.
Thanks for this advice, I recently had a net with a borrowed bat which had the complete opposite of the qualities I thought I wanted in a bat - it was short-handled, high middle, and heavier than average - but found that I had never hit the ball so cleanly...

To say a bit more, I guess:
The bat needs to be able to reach the ground comfortably, so very tall players may need a long handle
short handle - lighter pickup, more control, less distance to 'sweet spot'
long handle - longer distance to 'sweet spot', greater power

Back