Best Sledging Side in the APS

stingwilba

Best Sledging Side in the APS

Scotch try as hard as they can but are pathetic. I dont think Wesley even talk. Xavier are alright, Caulfield shocking, not sure about MGS, Hailebury not very good. i cant remember any other teams. Agree?

Re: Best Sledging Side in the APS

stingwilba;341035 said:
Scotch try as hard as they can but are pathetic. I dont think Wesley even talk. Xavier are alright, Caulfield shocking, not sure about MGS, Hailebury not very good. i cant remember any other teams. Agree?

Completely agree with most of that. Scotch have to be given credit for their efforts and i don't mind Eldridge's polite 'good cop bad cop' routine, not too bad, but as a whole team not much. Xavier are up there but often get too friendly with the batsmen. Wesley, heilebury, geelong college, brighton all terrible. MGS don't say a great deal, Morris behind the stumps always a bit of entertainment and Betts comes into it a bit but only when he's bowling well.

Caulfield are bad sledgers and a bunch of cheats. Actually i felt sorry for a bloke at point a couple of weeks ago, caught a ball on the half volley and was forced to claim it by his captain, when the fielder clearly knew he didn't take it. Poorly handled by both teams and umpires i must admit, but to dismiss a year 10 in his first ever First XI game by an act of pure cheating was pretty poor i thought.

stingwilba;341035 said:

SKC made us feel like not even playing. very good by them

well considering skevs are not good at cricket, they could atleast be alright at sledging i guess.

they were all shocking blokes though, not good sledgers, besides clancey. conway is a terrible cricketer and a worse sledger.

alex graham likes to give it, but he is also a pig, and a hack bowler

jokers;341038 said:
Completely agree with most of that. Scotch have to be given credit for their efforts and i don't mind Eldridge's polite 'good cop bad cop' routine, not too bad, but as a whole team not much. Xavier are up there but often get too friendly with the batsmen. Wesley, heilebury, geelong college, brighton all terrible. MGS don't say a great deal, Morris behind the stumps always a bit of entertainment and Betts comes into it a bit but only when he's bowling well.

Caulfield are bad sledgers and a bunch of cheats. Actually i felt sorry for a bloke at point a couple of weeks ago, caught a ball on the half volley and was forced to claim it by his captain, when the fielder clearly knew he didn't take it. Poorly handled by both teams and umpires i must admit, but to dismiss a year 10 in his first ever First XI game by an act of pure cheating was pretty poor i thought.

It is true eldridge's 'good cop, bad cop routine' is genius, so kudos to him. MGS dont say much its true, however The odd Bett/Morris combination where Morris asks Bett some questions down the wicket, and Bett replied bluntly is very good. For example I remember against us, (geelong grammar):

Morris: Betts what do you think of this batsmen, struggles with the ball up in his ribs?
Bett: Yeah hes a hack ill get him next ball.

Bett then proceeds to get him LBW. genius, even if i say so myself.

hence
teamorale +4

teamorale491;341275 said:
It is true eldridge's 'good cop, bad cop routine' is genius, so kudos to him. MGS dont say much its true, however The odd Bett/Morris combination where Morris asks Bett some questions down the wicket, and Bett replied bluntly is very good. For example I remember against us, (geelong grammar):

Morris: Betts what do you think of this batsmen, struggles with the ball up in his ribs?
Bett: Yeah hes a hack ill get him next ball.

Bett then proceeds to get him LBW. genius, even if i say so myself.

hence
teamorale +4

haha.
thats gold.

Hayden Joseph in HC 2's is a sledging master. Does take it a bit far from time to time, but is usually genius.

Quality of sledging has significantly dropped this year, especially MGS. Previously, MGS's sledging hopes layed in the hands of Jim "Respect" Bett, allowing the witty minds of Gooley, Thomas & Morris to crowd the bat. In a shameful display of ridiculousness, batsmen have forced the respect out of bett's name, an awfully dispicable action. As a result, the presence of morris, jenkins and the likes, remains at mid-off...

as for sledging, massive difference between sledging and being abusive, and even more to the point, if your gonna give it, be prepared to take it, and more importantly, back it up with your respective skill. as for skevs, they were abusive, nothin witty about their sledging, it was rubbish and embarrasing and that crap doesnt put players off their game, it just makes skevs look like ****ers, which was dissapointing. xavs didnt give much, not to me anyway. eldridge does sledge well, carey were fine, haileybury were fine, gc didnt say anything, geelong grammar were actually good sledgers particularly walter. on the whole, sledging in APS is a joke, cause noone is good enough to back it up, and the ones that are, on the whole, dont give it out anyway

Out. of the rough;341289 said:
but carey are a second rate side and can't sledge so im not gonna ask him

Jeez, i dont know about that. Considering Carey are the only team to have beaten Xavier and im pretty sure everyone in the competition knows that Carey had the talent and ability in their team to beat any side in the competition.

TheStraighter1;341332 said:
Jeez, i dont know about that. Considering Carey are the only team to have beaten Xavier and im pretty sure everyone in the competition knows that Carey had the talent and ability in their team to beat any side in the competition.

talent is one thing, being able to put it into performances is another. but there is no doubt carey's performances havent done their team justice.

TheStraighter1;341332 said:

couldn't agree more. Carey should have been right up there with Xavier and MGS for the premiership, instead they lost key moments in games, with only themselves to blame.

I am not doubting that at all, im disappointed as anyone and i know that. but saying that carey is a 2nd rank cricketing school is very harsh as in a different season, carey had the potential to take it out.

TheStraighter1;341356 said:
I am not doubting that at all, im disappointed as anyone and i know that. but saying that carey is a 2nd rank cricketing school is very harsh as in a different season, carey had the potential to take it out.

key word there is potential

lots of sides with 'potential' never make it to the top because of the culture and history surrounding them

take st.kilda and the western bulldogs- highly rated footy sides but never seem to put it together because they are and always will be 'loser' clubs
no winning culture to speak of

you can say whatever you like about people saying stupid stuff, but the fact of the matter is there aren't any real 'sledging' teams in the aps this year.
nothing wrong with this, just shows it is being played in the right spirit, sledging is just a necessity that has been intergrated into the game, people thinks its a must, sledging only works if the person being sledged has a weak mind set.

Back