Best way to tone my abs?

Timed Out

Best way to tone my abs?

Right not too cricket related but i'd like to know what the best exercises are. At the moment i have your average stomach its flat but not toned. Any ideas on how to get it toned doing simple exercises that don't involve big machines and that can be done at home easily and frequently?

Re: Best way to tone my abs?

Not a clue, i've not got a toned stomach, nore have i got a beer belly, i'm kinda in the middle, i like to think of myself as more to give :p

Also i cant help but think i'd feel ashamed of myself buying one i dont think i could accept buying one specially considering my age. Any exercises recommended?

Are we talking beach eye candy here ? ;)

Not that I mind, as long as I know where we are going, I can get you there.

Are you sure you wouldn't rather be more... umm... functional?! :D

Simbazz said:
Sit ups? Crunches?

I would be very hesitant in recommending either of the above unless you know the correct manner in which to do them. For the first couple of occasions I always say that they should be undertaken with your (qualified) fitness coach present to make sure that you are getting the maximum benefit, with the minimum chance of injury.

Over the years, I've seen too many people perform this badly putting stress on the spine and neck area. How many people now suffer from bad backs from sit-ups I'll never know.

Its just one of those things ive always wanted to do but never really got around do doing it. As i say im pretty fit in all aspect i'd just like to have a stomach toned to show it :D.

Dan Sturm said:
I would be very hesitant in recommending either of the above unless you know the correct manner in which to do them. For the first couple of occasions I always say that they should be undertaken with your (qualified) fitness coach present to make sure that you are getting the maximum benefit, with the minimum chance of injury.

Over the years, I've seen too many people perform this badly putting stress on the spine and neck area. How many people now suffer from bad backs from sit-ups I'll never know.

I do agree with you here, but i do them the correct way, the way which a fitness coach has stress to do them.

I still say Timed Out you grab one of those electronic kits :p

You would be better off working on your core strength before all else. A six pack (which I assume you're after) should be a by product of training and not a goal in itself.

Some people will be unable to develop a six pack no matter how much they try, whilst others will gain an 8 pack - it really depends on the individual, their muscular make up and percentage of body fat (amongst other things).

Good point Dan.

the first step is to make sure your body fat is low enough to show off your incredible muscles. That takes a good eating plan and lots of exercise.

Oh and those electric machines do not work at all. Snake Oil.

I know what Dan i trying to say, with all the work in the world, i'll always have a bit of "puppy," fat, but i'm a spinner, its practically the law!

You might never be able to look like a Mens Health model but you can still look great. Almost any healthy male can get to and maintain less than 10% body fat all year round if you know how to eat and exercise right.

Its about what you're happy with i suppose. I'm as fit as i could possibly be, actually at the moment i'm fitter than i've even been, but i'm not slim ;)

Right ive got myself a little regime im going to start in the Christmas break (more likely afterwards :D) and ill report back to tell you how its going.

Back