Bouncer 1 or Bouncer 2?

Which one?

• Bouncer 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bouncer 2

• Depends on situation (Specify in thread)

• Total voters

FBI

Bouncer 1 or Bouncer 2?

This is not so much a request for advice as an opinion thread.

Which type of bouncer do you people think is more effective. Basically, if you had all the tools in the box, which would you bowl?

1. The Glenn McGrath bouncer clocks low on the speed gun (130kph) but gets steep bounce. It relies on keeping an upright position and use of long levels to push the ball from a large height into the pitch. The laws of physics simply state that because it has come down from a height, it will likely rise to such a height too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. The 'fast bowler' bouncer is a much simpler act. It simply certails bowling as fast as you can, whilst aiming into the pitch. Literally banging the ball in, the body usually follows the arm into the pitch and the follow through is much more vigourous. This ball is usually around the 140kph area. However, it often does not hit the right length nor gets up to the right height (either too high or too low) and is occasionally pulled comfortably for four. When you get it right though, it most certainly troubles the best of batsmen and may draw blood.

Re: Bouncer 1 or Bouncer 2?

Mine would have to be the quick one, if its shooting up and down and even the bowler doesnt know where its going it makes it even more dangerous for the batsmen. Anything quick going over your heads going to worry you but when you get one that shoots in low at you quick your going to be really worried. For those reasons it has to be bouncer 2 and 1 can get predictable, however out of personal choice id rather face neither :p.

i like the fast bouncer because it makes the batsman to hurry to play the shot...they have more chance to get out the batsman with it..

I like the well decieved one. The one which bounces a little shorter and goes against the laws of physics and just glides up to the batsmen without making a fuss.

The bouncer which doesnt show itself will get the batsmen thinking just as much, or even more, than the quick one! (Which is the second best).

As a batsmen, i hate those bowlers who decieve things well, i hate bouncers which dont appear to be neck high until they hit you in your ear. Ofcourse, on form they go for 6 ;)

there are exeptions one is the pitch

if lasith malinga or shaun tait are bowling one could kick up.

maybe one is half tracker and hits thigh area
next is the same length and at the head

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT0yGNujbvw[/ame]

What about Mark Gillespies (?) slower bouncer. you see batsmen shape to hook but pull out because its too slow, and ends up bouncing twice before the keeper. funny to watch :laugh:

the accurate bouncers are a handful if they are used like Stuart Clarks, not very often. Although as an opener, the scariest thing is a quick bouncer, the ones that you here fizzing as they fly past the grill.

Quick bouncer is far more indimidating for a batsman. It's a close one though, both are incredibly effective.

Depends on how you bowl them. On the face of it, the deceptive bouncer is best as it may have a slightly higher chance of taking a wicket but both can be used to unsettle the batsman.

If I was bowling I would go for the deceptive bouncer personally, more controlled and so more chance of hitting the right area. The quick one could also be very good though, if you got it in the right place.

i would go for the second one cause look what happened to kevin peterson when malinga bowled that beauty.

jimmy33 said:
What about Mark Gillespies (?) slower bouncer. you see batsmen shape to hook but pull out because its too slow, and ends up bouncing twice before the keeper. funny to watch :laugh:
I have seen a lot of bowlers bowling slow bouncers in ODI these days. But it helps more to stop the runs than taking wickets.
The fast bouncer that Malinga bowled to Hayden recently is very dangerous.

Back