Bouncers!

roxy09

Bouncers!

I struggle with bouncers that i get, bowlers relise it and bowl me heaps of bouncers, knowing i dont like them. Most of the time when i play the pull shot i get caught out in the covers or mid-wicket. What arn't i doing right? Is it timing ?

Re: Bouncers!

If you are not hitting bouncers properly it is probably best you go over it in the nets with a coach.

Until you perfect in the nets if you get a bouncer on the weekend just sway out of the way keeping the gloves low if you play it well like that then they will not bowl you too many.

I agree. Just duck and either they'll stop it or when the ************ one up you punish it and make them stop.

My problem is I very rarely get them in games, yet in the nets one bowler in particular bowls non stop bouncers, I hate em. Cant decide if to attack, defend or duck

grapedo;309423 said:
If you are not hitting bouncers properly it is probably best you go over it in the nets with a coach.

Until you perfect in the nets if you get a bouncer on the weekend just sway out of the way keeping the gloves low if you play it well like that then they will not bowl you too many.

grapedo right

just get someone to throw some in the nets
get the technique right for a hook shot and then you will play them well in matches

Is the problem that you're scared of getting hit, that you have poor technique or just lack confidence in dealing with them?

Also, if you're going to practice them, make sure that the ball trajectory is similar to what happens in a game. It needs to bounce or at least to be coming up at you. No point in having someone throwing a ball at you, head height, as that isn't how it's going to happen in a game.

mas cambios;310078 said:
Is the problem that you're scared of getting hit, that you have poor technique or just lack confidence in dealing with them?

Also, if you're going to practice them, make sure that the ball trajectory is similar to what happens in a game. It needs to bounce or at least to be coming up at you. No point in having someone throwing a ball at you, head height, as that isn't how it's going to happen in a game.

True Mas true.

mas cambios;310078 said:

Scott,
I had that problem long back and once i saw school boys practicing in the nets in mumbai(they were on a cricketing tour from Harrow school,essex).
I saw the coach was throwing few tennis balls targeting the batsmen's ribs and he was practicing the pull shot.
I did the same in my nets and did felt a lot of confident and i think it goes to a lot on the body movement as soon as ur eye judges the bouncers it automatically takes a call to defend or to hit it.

What do u suggest on the same?

Virender

Back